Our fun morning at the v-e-t

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Frankie went in for her second followup cystocentesis to obtain urine for a c&s (post uti). I asked them to be sure to check the specific gravity, as with her early crf I want to track it.

Noel (our apparent Japanese Bobtail rescue who has been a member of our family for several years now...lovely red mctabby and white) had a growth (I thought) on the back of his head that was changing size rapidly and was crusty. I was sure he was heading for surgery on this, and that I'd hear it could be cancer.

We had an 8:30 am apt (oof!).

Great news all around!
Frankie, for the second time now, is concentrating her urine like a normal cat (I continue to hope the crf is not truly that, but her body healing from the starvation she was going through when we rescued her).

Noel...had (unusual for a cat, but that is the norm..if it's my cat, it will do something usually only seen in dogs...really) a sebaceous cyst - which the vet emptied in front of us. Now mind, I was a nurse for years, did many surgeries, delivered a lot of babies. I'm used to ...icky things, messy things, etc. THIS made my stomach hurl. Really surprised me!

We are to keep an eye on it, and when he has a dental, they'll take it off. But for now, watch for changes, infection, but leave it alone...it was overall, VERY good news.

Yes!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Goung to the v-e-t is never fun, but it's all worth it when you walk away with good news! You walked away with good news all around, Pat! That's great

I am so glad Frankie has the CRF under control, or perhaps as you suspect, it isn't that at all. And thank goodness Noel's cyst wasn't cancerous!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am glad you had a Productive vet visit

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, now, that was (if there is such a thing) a GOOOOOOOOOD v-e-t visit. Congrats to all of you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I am glad you had a Productive vet visit
Ewww! Is that a joke about Noel's emptied cyst or Frankie's emptied bladder??
(g,d,r)

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Am so pleased it was a good vet visit, fingers crossed that Frankie has excellent health from now on.