Check this out

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's something new I tried. I turned Simba's photo into a Photoshop Brush, and then created this entire picture out of Photoshop Brushes. I made it black and white because it's easier to work with, because Brushes can be pretty transparent. Simba's brush is pretty transparent, so I wanted everything to look more like a regular photo.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! That's really neat looking Hope. I especially like the way the flowers turned out. Also, even though it is a black and white picture, Simba's eyes really stand out.. you did a great job!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's similar picture, only it's in colour and Simba's picture is not a brush, but an actual picture, but everything else in the picture is a Photoshop brush.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are both great, the 'Simba brush' works really well.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, now I think I'll make a Paul Stanley Brush. Hmmmm, that should be fun.

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to try making a Tolly brush, but his eyes don't show like Simba's.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HopeHacker

Here's something new I tried. I turned Simba's photo into a Photoshop Brush, and then created this entire picture out of Photoshop Brushes.[/IMG]
Hope, can you explain the concept of Photoshop brushes for us non-technical folks?
I'm confused as to what the Simba brush does?

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, Hope, both of those are really pretty! I love Photoshop. I have so much fun in it. I recently started to work with sepia wash and colorization on black and white photos. Stunning results.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Russian Blue

Hope, can you explain the concept of Photoshop brushes for us non-technical folks?
I'm confused as to what the Simba brush does?
I'll try. OK, the first black and white picture is a Brush, and the colour picture is not a brush, however I did use that same colour picture of Simba to make the Simba brush.

OK, I think you once said you had Photoshop, so you should know that there are different brushes you can use to make different effects. Even with the basic brushes that come with Photoshop, you get quite a lot of different brushes. to chose from. The best way I can describe a brush is that it's the tool you use to paint with in photoshop. You can also go to numerous sites and download brushes for Photoshop, that can really give you some wonderful effects, or you can make your own. In Simba's case I made a brush out of a transparency of him. When you make a brush, you can make it any colour you want. I played it safe with the black and white picture because I wanted it not to look like a brush, but a black and white photo. Now the backgrounds in both pictures are made with numerous brushes that I have installed in my Photoshop program. I'll make a Nakita brush and I'll show you Nakita in several colours so you'll see.