I saw it! The space shuttle

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just stood out in my backyard and watched the space shuttle as it went up and headed out! It was beautiful.. much prettier than a day launch

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Willie'sLove

what space shuttle???

Did NASA like launch one or something?
Yes
The space shuttle Discovery.... it is headed towards the INTL Space Station to do some work. It was the first night launch in over 4 years.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I bet that was so cool. You should have sent out an invite to us, then we could have helped you with those beverages in your fridge.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Oh I bet that was so cool. You should have sent out an invite to us, then we could have helped you with those beverages in your fridge.
OH! That would have been such a good idea! I don't know why I didn't think of it

I have a bit of an excuse though... We were planning to drive closer to Kennedy to watch the shuttle. We actually had plans to do it Thursday night, when it was originally supposed to go off. Then they scrubbed the mission because of weather, and I actually thought for sure it wouldn't go off tonight. The weather hasn't been great today, and it has been windy. It cleared enough at the last minute though...

Soooo, I didn't want to risk having all of you lovely people come all the way to my house for nothing!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

That's OK - we could always all come over now for a post-launch party!
Well what are you still doing posting? Come on over!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

That's OK - we could always all come over now for a post-launch party!

When you posted what was in your fridge, it would be plenty for a post launch party!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How great that must have been, we saw it on Tv. The one thing I feel in the beginning if frightened for the folks that are on it. That image of the one that blew up will never leave my mind.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

How great that must have been, we saw it on Tv. The one thing I feel in the beginning if frightened for the folks that are on it. That image of the one that blew up will never leave my mind.
Mine neither! Do you know I was in kindergarten the day it happened and I will always remember seeing it on tv and my teacher crying.
It was a sad day. I also won't forget the way I felt when the Columbia didn't make it through re-entry. It makes you not only worry about the shuttles taking off now, but you worry about them coming back as well.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

Mine neither! Do you know I was in kindergarten the day it happened and I will always remember seeing it on tv and my teacher crying.
It was a sad day. I also won't forget the way I felt when the Columbia didn't make it through re-entry. It makes you not only worry about the shuttles taking off now, but you worry about them coming back as well.
Kindergarden
Your still a youngster

I can't remember that long ago I think I went to Kindergarden

( stage coach days)

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have been gone a long time but I'm from Titusville. Back when, the Apollo launches were like earthquakes. On a clear day, from in front of our house, you could see the top of it sitting on launch pad 39 all the way across the river. That was long ago, when the area was booming.

I'm sure it's a thrill to see the shuttle in person, especially at night.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by halfpint

Kindergarden
Your still a youngster

I can't remember that long ago I think I went to Kindergarden

( stage coach days)
Hey, hey, hey! I am going to be 30 soon... I turned 27 in October. I can't believe it!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh that's nothng
I have a daughter that's just short of 2 times that
wait till 40 comes then you don't even have to worry about thinking about it, because that's just about when the mind slows down
I never thought I would get out of my 20s
I have no idea where all these years went,. My big reminder is my grandkids ages 19, two that are 18 one 15one 13, and then to top that off when My Grandson started collage I said WHO
Time goes by oh so fast, if you think about that shuttle was some 21 or 22 years ago it's amazing isn't it?