prefers anyone else but me!!

gloves808

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
it seems that my cat, baby, really likes my father much more than me. i really want some lovin' from my baby too!

see, she has really changed over the the summer, she's like a totally different cat. she is incredibly independent.

she sleeps with my dad, she prefers my dad, and even sits on his lap and purrs. but when i come home from school, she acts like she just hates me. i haven't seen her all day and when i try to pet her, she growls and runs away... into my parents room.. like always

i saw on here somewhere just to leave her alone and she'll eventually come around? i've tried. and also that maybe i smell different, my diet is different and shampoo might have a factor...? i really don't have any major changes. could it be the fact that i try to hold her every night when she doesn't want to?

it's frustrating, i just want her to be like she used to. real luvvy duvvy.

any advice?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gloves808

i really don't have any major changes. could it be the fact that i try to hold her every night when she doesn't want to?
Give her treats, talk to her gently, pet her/hold her when she's amiable and let go when she decides enough is enough.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Many cats really don't like it when you force yourself on them. But many cats can also be bribed! Become the treat lady and her personal play toy. Give her her favorite scritches when she's willing. She'll come around, you just need to be patient with her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gloves808

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
is there a particular reason why my baby would like my parents room the best above all others?

i've also noticed she doesn't care if you pet her in my parents room, but she hates being pet everywhere else. why is that?

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by gloves808

is there a particular reason why my baby would like my parents room the best above all others?

i've also noticed she doesn't care if you pet her in my parents room, but she hates being pet everywhere else. why is that?
That must be the place she feels the most safe right now.