Presents for Dad

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So.... besides my brother being hard to buy for - my Dad is the same way
I think this year will be another year of tools!
The thing is, he acts just like a little kid when he opens up any kind of tool!
This year I'm getting him a Jig Saw from Sears, and probably some other tools for hunting.
Oh yeah... and socks

What are you getting your dad this year?

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

This year I'm getting him a Jig Saw from Sears, and probably some other tools for hunting.
Oh yeah... and socks

What are you getting your dad this year?
I haven't the slightest idea! He is one of the last people I am clueless on. I tell you what, Kenz... since you are doing so well for your Dad, I will put you in charge of buying for mine as well. Just let me know how much I owe you when your done!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by squirtle

I haven't the slightest idea! He is one of the last people I am clueless on. I tell you what, Kenz... since you are doing so well for your Dad, I will put you in charge of buying for mine as well. Just let me know how much I owe you when your done!
Sounds good! Just don't ask me to make a scrapbook, I'm going nuts on making my Moms!

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Sounds good! Just don't ask me to make a scrapbook, I'm going nuts on making my Moms!
Darn! I was just about to ask if you could put one together for him and use some of your new scrapbook paper!

Just teasing of course!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Darn! I was just about to ask if you could put one together for him and use some of your new scrapbook paper!

Just teasing of course!
Ask Karen!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting my dad a gift card to Lowe's. I think he gets that every year!! He is just really hard to shop for! I hate shopping for Lee too. He is a pain! He is getting Viva La Bam seasons 4&5. Maybe some small stocking stuffers.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I am getting my dad a gift card to Lowe's. I think he gets that every year!! He is just really hard to shop for! I hate shopping for Lee too. He is a pain! He is getting Viva La Bam seasons 4&5. Maybe some small stocking stuffers.
I love gift cards! If I had my way, thats all I'd get for Christmas, that way I can get what I want, cuz I can never make up my mind! Plus... thats why I love giving them too - especially when someone never tells you what they want!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise

She's too busy with wreaths!
I cant decide if I like the wreath I made, or if it looks like something you would buy for $1.97 at wal-mart!

My father is hard to buy for becasue he is older, and not in the best of health. This year he is getting a BIG bag of Lindt truffles
, 2 belts, gloves, a wallet, aftershave, and a watch.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Dad was hard to buy for, too. Sis took to giving him cash. One year she tied bills to a twig to make a money tree. There's a pic of him holding it and nephew trying to "harvest" with a pair of scissors.

That said, our clan drew names and I have niece's hubby - also hard to buy for and impossible to suprise! If niece doesn't come up with any good hints, I'm getting him a "You Might Be A Redneck Calendar" and a singing hamster.

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Oh yeah... and socks
Oh my gosh!!!!!!!

My dad asks for a new tool and socks every year too!!!

This year I am getting him a firewood spliter(that has to be the perfect size) because his is wearing down.

And also...his orders....tan(they must all be the same color for easy sorting!!lol) socks that ARE NOT ankle socks, and they must be 100% cotton.

Our dads are so similar....socks and tools!!

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Da got me a goat from Oxfam last year so I intend to get him sponsorship of a cat or similar this year as penance

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Dad got a book. My Step-Dad and FIL both are getting flashlights on mini tripods. For some reason DH's father is always fixing things around his house at night.