ARGH!!! Shopping so close to Christmas!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went out today to Walmart to check some stuff out, and people are CRAZY!! There are people running into me with their carts...children screaming and running into me...people yelling across the store at eachother...and the parking lot is like a warzone...people honking and veering.....

Sheesh, anyone else hate shopping at this time of the year??

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was in WalMart the other night to get an ink cartridge and I swear I was in the parking lot for 20 minutes waiting for people to move and find a spot! Inside was just as hectic - just insane crazy! I went to Target instead since they didn't have what I needed- and there wasn't even 1/2 the people there!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finished ours a few days ago! I even got the stocking stuffers, so no worry about that either.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also during the day around 1 here is pretty empty.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love busy shopping. I love to watch people be crazy. I'm weird that way. I'm going to go to west edmonton male for boxing day sales ..... hmmmm I think I am crazy LOL

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

I found out last night that if you go to Wal Mart between 9 and 10 at night, most of the idiots aren't there.
I was there at 5PM!
Not a good time to go!
I'm going to finish up the rest of my shopping this week during the day - hopefully no one will be out between the hours of 10AM and noon! Lets hope they are all at work!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a WalMart at any time of the year.
I swear that at the east side location the same cars will be there day after day after day...

Christmas is a good time to people watch. Mom always gets a kick out watching men shopping with their wives/SOs. She says they grasp the cart handle with a death grip and stare straight ahead.
Meanwhile, I'm in the parking lot having fun watching people who can't find their cars.

Oh, and the best time for me is 7am, usually on a Sunday morning.

Nat? You may also be experiencing folks stocking up for the next snow...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Meanwhile, I'm in the parking lot having fun watching people who can't find their cars.
Thats usually me!
I can NEVER remember where I park!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gemlady

Nat? You may also be experiencing folks stocking up for the next snow...
Uh.....we don't do that here, we are used to the snow and..we are not BABIES!!

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I went out today to Walmart to check some stuff out, and people are CRAZY!! There are people running into me with their carts...children screaming and running into me...people yelling across the store at eachother...and the parking lot is like a warzone...people honking and veering.....

Sheesh, anyone else hate shopping at this time of the year??
My resolution to that problem--don't go shopping near Christmas in Ontario.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I was in WalMart today - what a nuthouse! People are idiots - they all get carts and then they stop in the middle of aisles with their carts at an angle blocking the whole aisle and then they look at you with a dumb look on their faces when you say excuse me! Oh - was I blocking you and the rest of the world? Or they have a whole crowd, including monsters - I mean children screaming - and are crowded in an aisle blocking everyone! Or a bunch of them decide to stop and have a conversation in the middle of everything and people can't get around them! And this is after cruising the parking lot for EVER to try to find a spot. The high point today for me was the kid that looked about 10 having a temper tantrum in the middle of the toy department and throwing stuff and stomping his feet and screaming! He acted more like a 2 year old!

willie'slove

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh! I only bought one Chriostmas gift so far!

I'm not a mom, so I dont have to buy that many!!!

I dont have anyone to really take me out, cause I have to be driven since i'm not old enough for my license yet!! Its hard, trust me!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Best time to shop at wal-mart is mid morning during the middle of the week. That's when they have the least crowds around here. I hate having to shop at wal-mart ar Christmas time- the lines, the crowds, the lack of cashiers, the parking lot....uhhh...it stinks! But the prices are worth it sometimes. Right now I cashier at the store I work for when i'm not running their floral dept. Our slowest times are probably Tues-Thrs. mid morning. Also, early sunday morning isn't too busy eithor. Stay away on Fri, Sat, Sun. night, and monday....they're the worst!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will be doing the rest of my shopping during the week..then I only have to battle the stay at home moms...I can handle them

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't deal with that. I honestly prefer, and have been doing this for a few years, shopping online for any last minute gifts...and for the most part, I shop all year long

If I go on a trip (i.e. to the Sequin Lavender Festival each July), I buy a few things that I know my mom, or my friend Jennie might like etc. It completely takes the stress off, and lets me pick up interesting little gifts.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I will be doing the rest of my shopping during the week..then I only have to battle the stay at home moms...I can handle them
That's me! Be right there with you! Get ready!
I do Wednesdays, before lunch! After lunch, ya gotta hang on to your hat to just get groceries around here!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Yes, I was in WalMart today - what a nuthouse! People are idiots - they all get carts and then they stop in the middle of aisles with their carts at an angle blocking the whole aisle and then they look at you with a dumb look on their faces when you say excuse me! Oh - was I blocking you and the rest of the world? Or they have a whole crowd, including monsters - I mean children screaming - and are crowded in an aisle blocking everyone! Or a bunch of them decide to stop and have a conversation in the middle of everything and people can't get around them! And this is after cruising the parking lot for EVER to try to find a spot. The high point today for me was the kid that looked about 10 having a temper tantrum in the middle of the toy department and throwing stuff and stomping his feet and screaming! He acted more like a 2 year old!
I'm really strange now, because I just thought to myself, Hmm I think I like that...makes me feel normal

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just finished the big part of my shopping tonight. Walmart wasn't too bad actually. Toys-R-Us was a bit crazy, but not too bad. I don't know where everyone was. Last Sunday I was in the mall helping my Mother put together her outfit for my step-father's work Christmas party, that was just nuts!