Want to see my cat statue?

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Don't have it yet, bought it off ebay.
It's 29" tall. I have loft areas all over my house. I was looking for a big goofy looking cat but those seem to be all Laurel Burch and people fight over them. So I got this one. Quite regal looking, I think. The kitten is there just for size contrast.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is Beautiful, just Beautiful.....can I have it...huh........please.....can I have it.......PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

That is Beautiful, just Beautiful.....can I have it...huh........please.....can I have it.......PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!!!
Nope, nope ... can't have it.

This'll kill ya. When I first saw it, the starting bid was $45. No, uh uh , I said and marked it to watch. It ended with no bids. Then email arrived stating it was relisted -- buy it now for $22. Yes! It's mine!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow beautiful statue. And a steal at $22, half the price they were asking before. What's it made out of?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ClaireBear

Wow beautiful statue. And a steal at $22, half the price they were asking before. What's it made out of?
Here's the description:
This remarkable resin cat goddess statuette owes its super authentic antique look to its unique finish, which leaves surface "flaws" that to non-expert eyes look exactly like age-based deterioration. Adding to this proud cat's startling realism are its stately pose, oversize eyes and intricately ornate chestplate, which alone would do a pharaoh proud.