Lindt chocolates

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was in World Market today. Went for a tin of wafer thin ginger snaps. They are so good! They have Lindt chocolates so I got a box for a couple of people, got one for myself.
Still looking for smallish stuff for gift bag stuffers. Found packages of tiny cookies, 5 to a pack. They are Schumann spice cookies from Germany and you know German cookies are the best ever. Why can't we make cookies like that? Got a pile of those at $1.49 each, got one for me.
Then got some cappuccino chocolate sticks, and one for me.

So back home, fed the cats and prepared for Lindt chocolate tasting. Very good. I'm not a chocoholic but this is definitely a better chocolate. Had to continue taste testing so tried the spice cookie.
Yummy! Better than Lindt chocolate. Get thee to World Market and get some!

Made some coffee and had one more chocolate and ... well, there are two little cookies left right now. The cappuccino sticks can wait.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Lindt is good (I live in Germany, so the brand is readily available), but I don't see how it's better than Hershey's, for instance.

lovemybabies

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Lindt is good (I live in Germany, so the brand is readily available), but I don't see how it's better than Hershey's, for instance.
Blech, I can't stand Hersheys! I think Lindt is so yummy... But I have to say, when I was in Germany there was soooo much good chocolate. Better than Belgian chocolate!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I LOOOOOOVE Lindt chocolate!!!

You have to make sure it's not kept cold. It has to be room temperature and a little soft so the gooey goodness inside explodes in your mouth when you chew it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

You have to make sure it's not kept cold. It has to be room temperature and a little soft so the gooey goodness inside explodes in your mouth when you chew it.
Good thing you told me! I tend to put *everything* in the fridge. I will control myself and have another explosion tomorrow.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sarahp

Thats so right! I got some Lindt from Karen as my SS, its been at room temp and its hiding so John doesn't find it - and its just perfect -
(Runs off to get some
)

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I
Lindt!

I try to avoid Hershey stuff as much as possible.

When I'm in Chicago I usually stop at Leonida Chocolate shop. They a re more authentic Belgian Chocolate than Godiva.

European Chocolate

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hershey or Lindt... Hershey or Lindt... Hershey or Lindt...

They both have their good points and - um - um -

Heck, it's good chocolate and they have no bad points.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lindt is ok....but I prefer the REAL stuff
Give me some organic dark chocolate that's 80% cacoa any day!

I also like Ethel's http://www.ethelschocolate.com but they're a) expensive (1.75 per truffle...but totally worth it as an infrequent treat!) and b) apparently only in Chicago now that I look at this site...

We also have a Ghirardelli shop and Godiva shops, so I usually don't bother with Hershey's! I don't allow myself to do chocolate often, so when I want to do it, I want to do it right!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LoveMyBabies

Blech, I can't stand Hersheys! I think Lindt is so yummy... But I have to say, when I was in Germany there was soooo much good chocolate. Better than Belgian chocolate!
Lindt is WAY better than Hersheys!

lemur 6

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lindt is pretty good, though I'm a bit partial to Ghirardelli, and I do enjoy Milka chocolate too. Hershey's milk chocolate is about the nastiest chocolate I've ever tasted, though their special dark isn't too bad. I've had some chocolate from a Maison du Chocolat in NYC and that was pretty awesome, but it was burned holes in the wallet. Not too fond of high cacao content in chocolate, makes it taste almost acrid if there's too much, balance is the key.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by reddicequeen

This place is awesome to purchase candy. I have it sent all over the place. Enjoy

http://bulkfoods.com/

they sell lindt candies ...my personal favorite
Added that link to my favorites.
Thanks!

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lemur 6

Lindt is pretty good, though I'm a bit partial to Ghirardelli, and I do enjoy Milka chocolate too. Hershey's milk chocolate is about the nastiest chocolate I've ever tasted, though their special dark isn't too bad.

Hershey's is horrible stuff!!! I miss Aussie Cadbury's chocolate. It's nothing special but good for a chocolate fix. My already expanding waistline is probably thanking me for it though...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I find the Lindt chocolate a bit too sweet, to be truthful. I like Milka, and many of the Ritter or Ferrero flavors, but I'm very partial to Hershey's chocolate syrup - I've never found an equivalent - and enjoy the mini-bar assortment (which my mom's and sister's dogs are addicted to, so I usually only get two or three little bars out of any bag I buy when visiting). Hubby is a true chocoholic, and is into South American/African chocolate bars with extremely high cocoa contents.