Vibes for Maisie please!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last night I noticed that my Shetland mare, Maisie, was shivering, and I put it down to the appalling weather. I made their shelter all coosy and left them in it. But this morning she was not happy, and had a foot she would not put on the ground. It didn't seem swollen or hot, but by lunchtime she was not eating or letting Tartine suckle. So I called the vet and he took three hours to get here. Maisie really scared me by lying down with her head extended, making little whimpering noises. She really wanted petting too, which is still unusual as she is pretty wild most of the time. I spent the afternoon with my arms round her neck. Anyway the vet says she has a fever of unknown origin, though her foot seems fine, and she has had antibiotic and tetanus injections that I have to repeat tomorrow and Monday. She is now grazing in the field for the first time since this morning, so maybe she is feeling better. I am so paranoid about any of them now, so would welcome your vibes.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, poor you, and poor Maisie and Tartine!

Good health vibes Maisie, and general good vibes for you and Tartine.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
{{{}}}Vibes for all of you there, Jenny. I know you had a time with all the rain and muck. Get well soon Maisie!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Jenny! Many, many vibes for Maisie, and for you. I hope your girl is feeling lots better very soon.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ah poor Maisie girl..wild as she is, she knows she can trust you and how much you care.

Sending vibes for her to be back to normal asap.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Jenny....
How is Maisie doing now...better I hope?
Is she letting Tartine suckle yet?

I am sending all of the healing vibes that I have to the 3 of you.