my sweet Alley

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They are taking her to the vet now. I talked to her on the phone and told her how much I loved her and how sorry I was for not protecting her. She meow'd at me and her little voice sounded so weak. She was still trying to eat this morning but had gotten so weak they had to lift her to the food dish.

Her pain will be over in a few minutes.

I miss her so much.

Rest well my angel Alley.

mama loves you always.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am holding you and precious Alley in my thoughts.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aww I am so sad
the tears wont stop............
Bless Little Alley, run little one, your new fur-family is waiting for you
lots of love

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bless your heart...I'm so sorry.
I read about little Alley last night. I too lost a wonderful friend this week (one of my dogs), and I do take great comfort in knowing that I could give her the gift of peace, and end her suffering. You'll always have your memories of Alley...trust me when I say that she wants you to remember her has the youthful, healthy girl she once was, rather than when she finally became sick.

It will hurt for quite some time...and sometimes it leaves a hurt that really doesn't quite go away upon remembering our dear friends that have passed. Alley understands what you needed to do, and she will send you little head butts, lap-kneads, and kisses from across the Bridge...they'll be evident in all the blessings to come down the road, and then you'll know she's been with you all along.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Paula, I send my condolences to you and your family. As someone mentioned in your other thread, you have allowed her to go to the bridge, with her dignity. What a difficult decision, but the right one. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Rest in Peace Alley.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our prayers for you and Alley. How nice that she spoke to you on the phone. She knows that you care and love her. It is better this way for both of you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It has been an hour since her appointment time so I know she is gone by now and I just can't stop crying.

My heart is breaking.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They do not leave you. I lost my dog in 1982. We had to put her down because of kidney failure. I was beating myself up about it but she was suffering and we did not want it to continue. It was the right decision but I still missed her horribly, every day, for years, til I got Gizmo. I still think of Peaches all the time, but know that she is at rest. I also believe that I will see her again. Her kind spirit may very well now be in this cat (who has many doglike qualities.)
Think of the the good times you and Alley had. You know that she was very happy with you.
It's a horrible decision to make, but it was the right one, and all your memories of her will show her healthy and happy and playful.

There are support groups that can help you now. Some are online but some ones will be in your town. Please talk to them, it will help you.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie, I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Give yourself all the time you need to grieve. You made a very thoughtful, loving decision for your girl. You'll always have Alley in your heart.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Paula i'm so sorry
Know that Alley will be making her way across Rainbow Bridge right now, and she'll be met at the other side by all the cats and kittens here at TCS who have also crossed

Your little girl will be looking down on you once she gets settled in at her new home, and when the time is right Alley will be there waiting for you

Run fast over the Rainbow Bridge Alley and have fun

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rest assured, KittenKiya's Clan weeps with you.

Little Alley, you are safe now. No more pain, no more being sick. You can run and play and be patient until your mommy joins you at the Bridge. Love you, sweetheart.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, but just take comfort in the fact that you did the right thing.
Alley knows that it was the right thing too, she knows how much you loved her because you put her comfort ahead of the pain you feel over losing her.
Freedom from pain is the greatest gift you could give her.

I know it's hard, because I've been there myself.
We had to put our sweet Maggie out of her pain 6 years ago...she was almost 19.
I think about that sweet girl everyday still.
We now have 4 other cats, I love them all to death (especially Gracie) she's a sweet little girl just like Maggie was, but Maggie is never far from my thoughts.

This may sound a little out there to some people, but I believe this with all my heart.
Someday, when you're ready Alley will send you another baby to love.
Maggie has sent us 4 and the last one ( we've had him just over a month )...could be Maggie's twin.

I'll keep you in my throughts a prayers.
Here's a big ((((((((HUG)))))))) for you.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your prayers and thoughts.

I can't even think of owning another cat now, nobody could take Alley's place. But maybe someday, I will look into the eyes of a kitten, and see her looking back at me. Maybe someday, my baby girl will come back to me.

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Alley was buried under the rosebush that she always liked to sleep under during the summer because it was cool and shady. She has flowers and a little stone with her name painted on it. They are going to take a picture of it for me tomorrow so I can see that she was taken care of so well.

sleep well baby