Catnip Superscratcher

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I had to run to walmart for some toothache stuff and decided to take a stroll down the pet isle to. I picked up a Catnip filled super scratcher. Puff immediately attacked the bag...lol. So I got it out for him and he's tearing into it. I guess that means he likes it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course when I bring the camera out he stops playing with it! lol.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SalemWitchChild

So I had to run to walmart for some toothache stuff and decided to take a stroll down the pet isle to. I picked up a
Catnip filled super scratcher
. Puff immediately attacked the bag...lol. So I got it out for him and he's tearing into it. I guess that means he likes it.
Guess you mean those corrugated cardboard boxes. I have about ten of them, one in every room but the ones I get I have to put the catnip in myself. I have seen the ones that are already filled but I like to grow my own fresh catnip to use.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

Guess you mean those corrugated cardboard boxes. I have about ten of them, one in every room but the ones I get I have to put the catnip in myself. I have seen the ones that are already filled but I like to grow my own fresh catnip to use.
Yes that's what it is. I can't grow a cactus let alone other plants...

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the one I got for Reeses. She took to it immediately and it's the only thing that works. Whenever I bring a new one home I can't even get it off the table before she hops up on it and starts using it, and I don't even put catnip on it. I give it to her as is.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I got one for Ginger, and she uses it as a chair.
She won't scratch on it at all, but likes to sit on it like it is her throne.

Ferris, on the other hand, won't scratch on it either, but seems to enjoying rolling around and rubbing his cheeks on it.

Weird little kits I have.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GingersMom

I got one for Ginger, and she uses it as a chair.
She won't scratch on it at all, but likes to sit on it like it is her throne.

Ferris, on the other hand, won't scratch on it either, but seems to enjoying rolling around and rubbing his cheeks on it.

Weird little kits I have.
Yeah Reeses sits on it too more than she scratches it, but she still scratches it alot. Sometimes she even pushes it with her nose around the living room!

angelkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are we talkigna bout the ones that lay flat and are like cardboard, with catnip in them..

My girls loves those.. The flat ones, the one that have a hill to them.. I have like 3 of them around the house.. They still use the scratching post on their cat tree, but they enjoy those cardboard ones too....

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by angelkitty

Are we talkigna bout the ones that lay flat and are like cardboard, with catnip in them..

My girls loves those.. The flat ones, the one that have a hill to them.. I have like 3 of them around the house.. They still use the scratching post on their cat tree, but they enjoy those cardboard ones too....
Yeah this thing http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.c...se_1927_658150

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loki and Jacob have several of those and they absolutely love them. Their favourite is the nice big double-side one they got from Jana for SS.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Loki and Jacob have several of those and they absolutely love them. Their favourite is the nice big double-side one they got from Jana for SS.
How do you flip the double side one over? Last time I tried to do that all the catnip fell out and I still had cardboard pieces glued to it from the box.

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya know ever since I got Puff the cat tree he hasn't used his scratcher.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

I would like to know how you can successfully grow catnip in a house with cats?