13 week doing Humpies?

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The stray we found a few days ago is about 13-14 weeks old. Today he discovered the throw rug in the bathroom. First time he just kneeded. 2nd & 3rd time he was rubbing his bottom. When I asked him what he was doing I met his member. The rug is dry so he didn't spray. Is this normal? I never had a cat hump. Dogs yes but not cats.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL...I'm not sure if I should laugh at the title of this thread, or feel a bit creeped out.
It's actually very unlikely that the movement your kitten in making at this point is a "humping" motion...he's still a bit young. If he's scooting on carpet or on a rug, he could have something minor happening with his anal sac. I don't believe it's uncommon for a male kitten to have an erection, but your kitty is still young enough that he's probably not entirely sexually mature. If it is an anal sac thing, it's nothing that a quick trip to the vet won't take care of...don't worry, if this is the case, it will be an inexpensive vet visit, but it does probably need to be checked. At his age, he's probably not finished with all of his routine vaccinations, so his hiney can be checked at that time. Also, you may want to schedule his neutering appointment at that time...this is a very important step in owning a healthy, well-behaved male kitten!

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you sure he isn't older then you first thought he was? A good way to tell are teeth rather then his size or weight. Does he have adult fangs yet?

Anyways, you should have him neutered asap if he isn't already.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
When they are enjoying themselfves, feks by threading, they do have quite often the little member out.
Or if you caress him on the neck and back, he may have his out. Ours do it sometimes, and they are well behaving boys.

I agree with the others: young exferals look often smaller then they are; ie homeless are growing more slowly because of lack of food and nutrition.

As there is routine in USA to spay them young - make several things in one. Go to the vet as you must sooner or later, and do everything needed at the same time...

Thanks for helping the little one.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I thought the heading would make people laugh. The vet said he is 13-14 weeks old and we have to wait until 6mons to get him neutered. I know the ladies can go earlier. Luckily my other two are fixed.

Could it be worms? We didn't have a sample the day he had his appointment. I know I have to get one over. In the past mom found things that looked like dry rice on her bed. Their hunger increases too right?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dragging his bottom could be a sign of worms.

You don't have to wait for males to get neutered, I got mine done at 12 weeks with the females.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
cant waite for england to catch up with amercia with the spaying we still have to waite till 51/2-6 months , then again were always behind

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by crazyforinfo

Thanks! I thought the heading would make people laugh. The vet said he is 13-14 weeks old and we have to wait until 6mons to get him neutered. I know the ladies can go earlier. Luckily my other two are fixed.

Could it be worms? We didn't have a sample the day he had his appointment. I know I have to get one over. In the past mom found things that looked like dry rice on her bed. Their hunger increases too right?
I strongly urge you to find a new vet. It can be done at 8 weeks, no sense in waiting so long for it. By 6 months males can start spraying and making a mess.

dry rice things on the bed would be worms.

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would the worms be a specific color? It's been 10 years since I had to deal with any of this. Thanks for all the information.

peachez_uk

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
when my babies were only 8 weeks of age Mr Shady was trying to hump his sister Toots .......... if i had not seen it for myself i would not have believed it lol

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, the "rice" is probably worms; bandworms. Droncit is for it. Drontal or profender is allround. Both Droncit and profender are also as spot on if you wish. Can you buy it yourselv at the apothecary or do you must have vets receipt?

WHAT do you mean bu "humping"? Sex-moves into the rug? or drawing his behind along the rug?
If it was drawing the behind it is itching. Ie it may be he had little faeces left on his behind. Or he has problems with his analsacks (a vet should look at it) or he has worms...

He will of course not die if he wait with the spaying till he is 6 month...Or even 12 month. But is is conventient to have it done... Especielly if he is allowed to go out - and get in early maturitiy.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about "bandworm," but over here in the states we call the little rice thingies tapeworm. Two of my cats just finished taking their antibiotics from a tapeworm infection...one pill, and it's over! Piece of cake!!!

And with a male kitten, you can get him neutered, as long as he weighs 3-4 lbs., and is between 8-16 weeks of age...the sooner the better, because once he starts to spray, it's a behavior he may never quit. Better to do it as early as possible...I would find a different vet.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we call it tapeworm aswell , i agree the sooner the better to get him done , over here i have tried god knows how many vets but all say the same not untill 5-6 months of age grr . my patch just started to spray when we got him netured , now just waiting to see if he will contuine to do it. and if you have any other cats in the house it may help with the domiance thing once he gets to a certin age. good luck .
ps we use drontal , never had a problem with it .

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow none of the vets around us will do it before 6 months. He still has to get his 2nd round of shots. So far that is the only time he has rubbed the carpet. Thanks for all the advice. I will keep you posted.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree...get him neutered asap.

If the vets won't do it, perhaps a humane society or rescue will. Around here, no animal can leave a shelter or rescue without being fixed first, so early altering is actually more common than waiting until they are 5-6 months, interestingly enough.

You can always look up your nearest rescue/humane society on http://www.petfinder.com

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by wookie130

I don't know about "bandworm," but over here in the states we call the little rice thingies tapeworm.
Yes, thanks, I do mean tapeworm. English isnt my native language.