My hometown on the ELLEN SHOW!!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AHHHHHHHH!!

I just talked to my mom - her boss is going to be on the Ellen Degeneres show on MONDAY!

Our hometown is only a town of about 1,000 people - our local grocery store shut down, and the kid in my brothers class opened it up, he's only 17! My mom is the manager - they called him the other day and are flying him out to be on her show on Monday!
How awesome is that? Everyone tune in!

Also... they have a chance to be on CBS News!
So if you go to this link - vote for us! Its Option A

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/...n2240473.shtml

I'm so excited!

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's cool, Kenz! I won't watch cause I dislike Ellen quite a lot, but good luck and I'll vote on the contest.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys

I just hope he acknowledges everyone that helped him, because I know that the whole town stepped up and stocked shelves and have helped run that place! I know I spent many many days/nights up there helping before they opened! My mom has poured her heart and soul into that place - I really hope he mentions her, she deserves it. He really doesn't deserve ALL the credit, thats for sure!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just voted on the CBS web site. How cool is that that he took over the grocery store and he will be on Ellen.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

I just voted on the CBS web site. How cool is that that he took over the grocery store and he will be on Ellen.
I know, I think its pretty cool too -he hasn't done it alone, thats for sure!

sims2fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I voted for your Town's story Mackenzie, I'm sure he will mention the help he had (esp your Mom). He does have to go back home after all!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love watching Ellen, but unfortunately, I have to work on Monday so I won't be able to watch that show. Hopefully they will also have him on the CBS news.

LOL!!!! I just can't imagine how a high school kid could manage to BUY a grocery store, and I'm sure his story is really interesting!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Thats great, but it won't let me vote, it says 'not a valid referrer'
Really? Thats weird - I just voted again to see, and it worked fine for me?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

LOL!!!! I just can't imagine how a high school kid could manage to BUY a grocery store, and I'm sure his story is really interesting!
My brother was 16 when he bought his first house. My parents co-signed for him. I imagine someone must have co-signed for this young man too.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did I miss him? I tuned in 1/2 hour into the show and didn't see him. Was he on during the first 1/2 hour segment or did I have the day wrong? The show is on again this afternoon. If he's on I'll tune in, but if he isn't, I don't want to waste my time watching it if he isn't.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm gonna have to call my mom and see if they switched his times? I know he's flying out there today - maybe since they are taping it - it'll be on later this week??

I know tongiht they find out if they'll be on CBS!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I got up, looked at the TV guide, & realized Ellen was on at 9 am. I got up at 11 am.
Let us know if we missed it or if its on later this week!