Christmas bonus

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Does anyone get one? At my last job, we got apple jelly, but at my current one we get cash.
Cash is better! Congrats!!!!! Spend it on something nice for yourself!

We don't get bonuses at the hospital, but years ago I used to work in an office and was hugely surprised to get a second cheque at Christmas for $400.00 plus a whole ham and turkey. The boss told me "it's only for $400.00 but you've only been here a year". Apparently it was $400.00 for each year you worked there!!! I didn't care! $400.00 was huge!!! The company worked with the food service industry so we also got all kinds of goodies from the companies who did business with us. Hampers of assorted ice cream, hampers of meats... It was great!!!!

I have worked at other places that also had cash bonuses, but nothing at all like that place. After that I worked in law offices and if I got a bonus at all it was $50.00. Most of the time I just got the afternoon off on the last working day before Christmas.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

Does anyone get one? At my last job, we got apple jelly, but at my current one we get cash.
LOL, apple jelly??!!

I got a Christmas bonus...just a couple hundred bucks..nothing huge.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

LOL, apple jelly??!!

I got a Christmas bonus...just a couple hundred bucks..nothing huge.
I could use 'just a couple hundred bucks'

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We usually get $100. But we also get safety/performance bonuses every quearter, which can be $350 each. After taxes!
And one of those should be the end of this month.
Hope nobody screwed up our bonus I MEAN GOT INJURED!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our bonuses come at the end of fiscal year, so the end of September. End of the year we get our profit sharing for our 401(k), which in years past has been about an extra paycheck (2 weeks pay) which is about what our bonuses are as well.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
No Christmas bonus but, as long as I keep my stats up, I get an extra $80-$100 incentive bonus, every payday.

On December 18, the company is having lunch catered: BBQ ribs, cole slaw, corn on the cob and baked beans.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
nope, at my billion dollar global mega-company they are too cheap to give us Christmas ANYTHING, no turkeys, no catered lunch, no bonus, sometimes my company really sucks

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't get anything either. I'm somewhat of a private contractor, meaning I work for myself. So I get whatever I make and thats it.

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

We usually get $100. But we also get safety/performance bonuses every quearter, which can be $350 each. After taxes!
And one of those should be the end of this month.
Hope nobody screwed up our bonus I MEAN GOT INJURED!
That is a great idea! I will have to bring that up at this week's meeting, we have had a few workers get injured out of pure stupidity later and it is badly affecting our comp rates.... I mean who just walks off the back of a truck onto nothing?

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

nope, at my billion dollar global mega-company they are too cheap to give us Christmas ANYTHING, no turkeys, no catered lunch, no bonus, sometimes my company really sucks
Thats how my old job was too - they told us it was a 'tough year'
But yet they were the ones living in million dollar homes and driving Mercedes.... some people!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Thats how my old job was too - they told us it was a 'tough year'
But yet they were the ones living in million dollar homes and driving Mercedes.... some people!
I work for AT&T, anyone hear of it?
and we even have to pay for our coffee, its ridiculous! back when it was just Ameritech, before we got absorbed by SBC and then AT&T, we had a lot more perks, smaller is sometimes better I think

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I work for AT&T, anyone hear of it?
and we even have to pay for our coffee, its ridiculous! back when it was just Ameritech, before we got absorbed by SBC and then AT&T, we had a lot more perks, smaller is sometimes better I think
Wow... that sucks! They should still treat their employees better!