this is kinda a cat question

frances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i have question im pregnant and i cant change the litter box so i have to rely on my husband to do it for me wich is a fight cause it makes him sick (he is a man) is there anything that i can do wear a mask and gloves???? i would like it done more often like everyday like it was before i found out i was pregnant but i dont want to hurt the baby any seggestions would be very greatful thanks

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have heard a lot of people on this site say you should be ok if you wear gloves and wash your hands real well afterwords. That means 20 seconds on scrubbing. You might want to check with your OB, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
well the i dont get an ob until im 30 weeks and unfortunatly i cant wait that long and the doctors around here dont give you straight answers for anything im not very happy i live in a small city and its like there dumb its just a no and i know there has to be something that i can do, but the doctors here are so young its page by page out of the book. thank you for your advice.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
umm...........well what about those cat-litter liner bags you can get
I´ve never used them, but that might help, or the self-cleaning ones
again never used, I suppose a search on the internet would find them for you !

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratualtions on being pregnant

Toxoplasmosis is very difficult to catch from your cat so the risk of being infected is very low. Just wear rubber gloves - or get someone else to clean the litter box if you can - to be on the safe side.

This article might help to allay some of your fears.

http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/pr...plasmosis.html

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

frances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you so much for that link it helped me alot to mellow out a bit i didnt know all of that so thank you for your information.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by urbantigers

Congratualtions on being pregnant

Toxoplasmosis is very difficult to catch from your cat so the risk of being infected is very low. Just wear rubber gloves - or get someone else to clean the litter box if you can - to be on the safe side.

This article might help to allay some of your fears.

http://www.hsus.org/pets/pet_care/pr...plasmosis.html
actually, it's safer for you if it's cleaned more often. does you cat go outside, ever? if not, chances are s/he doesn't even have it to give to you. but i agree - wear the rubber gloves & mask, & wash well & scoop often!

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by laureen227

actually, it's safer for you if it's cleaned more often. does you cat go outside, ever? if not, chances are s/he doesn't even have it to give to you. but i agree - wear the rubber gloves & mask, & wash well & scoop often!
I agree!

I hope your husband will be able to help with the baby's poopy diapers.
Cleaning the litter box would be good practice for him.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

I hope your husband will be able to help with the baby's poopy diapers.
Cleaning the litter box would be good practice for him.
Yeah get him use to that now.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ive been using rubber gloves and washing my hands very well after I change/scoop the litter boxes. I think as long as you clean your hands afterwards (which you should do anyway) you shouldnt have any problems. But I would tell hubby to deal with it. He can do it who cares if it makes him sick. He'll get over it.