Headline: Shrimp makes cat lose mind

mcmaggie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know I'm teaching my new kitty bad habits, but it's hard not to spoil furr babies.

The last cat I had would do what I call the "polite begging". Sort of, "I'll just be right here watching you if you should need any help eating that". UNLESS it was shrimp. Then..all bets were off! Cat paws would be grabbing, doing their best at all costs to get at it, throwing all caution to the wind.

Well now I have a new kitty, and until I started spoiling her with a bite here and there, she didn't even care about people food. Today I had my fav Chinese food, combo fried rice, and I recalled how Mandy went crazy for shrimp and gave Maggie a bite. Oh my. She's still stalking the container.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aawwwwwwww, Trout used to do that when she was little...I would be eating cereal, and she would run up and dunk her paw in my cereal before I could even react

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

Aawwwwwwww, Trout used to do that when she was little...I would be eating cereal, and she would run up and dunk her paw in my cereal before I could even react
Kittens are just something else! It's so hard to imagine that Talin (our insane face hugger kitten) will someday grow into something as stately and sedate as Molly.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie will practically stand on his head for shrimp! Ditto "human" tuna fish, hardboiled eggs, and crab.