3 Week old kitten not gaining

boo'smommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good Morning. Hope all is well. I have a "Q"... Boo's babies will be 3 weeks old tomorrow. Her one kitten (Bella) started off the biggest and strongest and nw is the smallest, even compare to the runt, now she is the runt. Other then being thin(thin meaning doesnt have a pot belly like the other two), she is the same as the others and is just as active. I havent weighted them (ever). Vet said as long as I see them thieving no need to weigh them daily. I dont see Bella gaining, just kinda staying the same. My husband says she looks great and to stop worrying lol. My "Q" is, which is better...-KMR, -Goats milk, -Mom's milk and let Boo continue to nurse like she does, -OR any other ideas?? Could this just be normal and the other two are just little piglets???? They look fluffy with puppy bellys (but not hard bellys) and Bella looks healthy but thin not belly roundness at all. Thanks guys for all your surport.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

boo'smommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its been days and I got NO response from anyone here. I will move on to another cat help site thanks.

katkisses

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry you haven't gotten any replys.

Have you taken them to the vet since she stopped gaining weight? Maybe the other two arn't letting her get much milk? Other than mothers milk, KMR is good. Maybe get some, and give her maybe as much as she will drink twice a day-I say this because if she's not THIN THIN, then she's getting SOME milk, maybe just not enough.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Boo'sMommy

Its been days and I got NO response from anyone here. I will move on to another cat help site thanks.
Boo..you are certainly welcome to ask questions on many sites...this is a public forum and as such, many times if people do not believe they know the answer they will simply not reply instead of creating a large thread of "I don't know". Mom's milk is best, probably followed by goat's milk and then KMR.

Could this just be normal and the other two are just little piglets???? They look fluffy with puppy bellys (but not hard bellys) and Bella looks healthy but thin not belly roundness at all. Thanks guys for all your surport.
Yes...it certainly could be normal...but if you have concerns...your vet would be the appropriate individual to ask.

Katie

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sorry, I haven't been on much this weekend. With my last batch of kittens, I had one smaller one too. He wouldn't take a bottle, but at 4 weeks old I fed him Science Diet AD away from his brothers and now he's as big as the rest of them. This was also the first time I did weigh them and I was a little neurotic about it.
I don't think it would hurt to try giving him KMR.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you didn't get a quick response....I don't check in as often as I used to...

When I have a kitten who seems to be falling behind, I keep them with Momma, but supplement twice a day with KMR. You can use a bottle, or a syringe...also, I think not having a round belly, and falling behind the others in weight is a bad sign...hope you post back and let us know how the babies are doing. I also suggest taking a poo sample to the vet to check for worms, they can cause weight loss.

I have had kittens change places as far a size....the bigger one growing slower, or the little one getting real big...but they should all have nice round tummies.