made the vet appointment

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well my mom called today for Stormie to go get fixed we honestly didnt think they would be so busy...its a clinic (when we took bella we got an appointment that week !) So my mom had called this afternoon and well the earliest appointment for Stormie to get spayed and all of her shots is January 3rd
!!!!!! So I kind of feel bad because her and Bella eat together and now I gotta take their food away that night at 10 o clock I am gonna feel soo bad and I just better be prepared for the meowing alllllll night looong
for the shots of everything and getting spayed its going to run about $80 I dont think thats bad...is that bad??? I know we spent that at our actual vet when she was sick we actually spent over that
but hey it took a few rounds of antibiotics to get stormie going but man is she going I hope it aint dark out when we gotta take her there we have to be there between 7 and 7:45 at the latest to drop off animals getting fixed ( We already knew the drill from Bella
) So its gonna be a loong time for me to get this and I am going to be a mess that whole day
I sure was when Bella went in !!! If she was the right age that I was told then she would be about 17 weeks, How old are they when they usually go into heat??? I just kind of hope it aint with in the next month
So any help would be greatly appreciated here!! Thanx in advance !

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
$80 is not bad at all.

If she was the right age that I was told then she would be about 17 weeks, How old are they when they usually go into heat???
It is different from cat to cat. My girl was fixed at 6 months and didn't have a heat cycle..but I know that some cats begin earlier than that. More important thought is to ensure that Stormie can't get out or be around intact males until she is spayed. Cats can get pregnant even without being in heat so keep a close eye on her to ensure she stays indoors.

Katie

P.S. I'm very glad to hear the clinic is busy....that means that a lot more people are getting their pets fixed.

cairo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ProudKittieMom

for the shots of everything and getting spayed its going to run about $80 I dont think thats bad...is that bad???
That's a great price for so much! In my area it was $368 each at my regular vet for spay only.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

proudkittiemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ya that makes me happy there are alot of ferals around here
so this was a clinic made for that you can rescue them and its free but I guess its different since we are keeping her I am really not sure about that but I know my actual vet does the feral fixing( we have been going to the vet for soo long and I am the only one who met his wife
that only happened cause some little girl got bit because of an irresponsible owner of a dog
my mom was like nu uh I still never met her
but its $45 for the spay and $29 or somehting like that for the shots so thats not bad it is a clinic and I liked the doctor that does the spaying (met her because of Bella
) Stormie and Bella are indoor kitties (Stormie always was) and Bella likes to look out the window, but Stormie wont even go downstairs really I guess because of the dogs but I will carry her down and she will jump out of my arms and run right back upstairs, the funny thing is when she first came she had no problem with the dogs or going downstair s
(O i dont let her downstairs or around the dogs without super vision lol, she is still too small then again they are big dogs and Bella she beats them up haha and well I am trying to get Bella to teach her how to defend herself (she doesnt growl or hiss at the dogs though she did at midnight the other day, I told you Stormie is weird haha) But Willie and Midnight are both fixed as well, Thank goodness for this clinic and they sometimes even put coupons in the pennysaver
just keep your fingers crossed that she doesnt go into heat

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think anything under $100 for spay and shots is great! There are two little clinics here who will do everything for $45. $80 may be double but it is still a great price. I wish the APL's low cost clinic here didn't fill up so fast because they charge $20 for females and $15 for males and shots are $10. But there are people who wait like a year to get into that. I have been signed up since June and called to check twice and I am not getting in until after January.