Grrr Blackheads!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok I'm going crazy I have 3 very small blackheads along my upper lip. They hurt like crazy but I cant seem to get rid of them.
Ive had them for a while and they are driving me nuts. Anyone have any tips on how to get rid of them. These are my first blackheads ever! I hardly ever have pimples either. So these are really bugging me. Any ideas? HELP ME!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like those pregnancy hormones are making you break out. Try to resist the urge to pick at them. Instead, use a gentler cleanser with a toner to it that will clean your skin well but not overdry it. Oil of Olay's Cleanser + Toner rocks!!! I use it every day (i have very sensitive skin) and it's soooooooo good. After your wash your face, be sure to moisturize with a gentle moisturizer that has an SPF of at least 15 in it. Then between 1-2- times a week, exfoliate your skin with a gentle exfoliator such as St.Ives Apricot scrub to remove dead skin cells and debris. This should keep your skin nice and toned. In the mean time, try putting an acne cream on your black heads and resist the urge to mess with them. (Clean and Clear has a really good invisible one http://www.cleanandclear.com/product..._blemish.shtml ) Good luck! No picking!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Nikki. Im not picking at them. I never pick at pimples. I've been using that Clean and Clear and they havnt gone away yet.
I hate them!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Out of curiosity, what kind of face wash are you using? Often times, ones targeted for teenagers are not appropriate for adults becaue our hormone levels and skin types are different (even if they may not seem so) so you should be using a cleanser (oil of olay has wonderful products) that's made specifically for adult skin that is gentle yet effective
/ Also, since you're pregnant, there may be some products you should stay away from (i'm not sure of any, but it was just a though)...maybe you could check out some online pregnancy forums or magazines and see if anyone else is having a hormone-related break out and see if they've found something safe to use on their skin while their pregnant

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dont kill me but all I ever use is Clean and Clear Sensitive Skin Deep Cleaning Astringent. And thats only when I remember. Otherwise I just wash my face with what I wash the rest of my body with. I never ever have pimple though. I can only remember having hmm 5 before these 3 blackheads. And they were spread out over my teen years.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Dont kill me but all I ever use is Clean and Clear Sensitive Skin Deep Cleaning Astringent. And thats only when I remember. Otherwise I just wash my face with what I wash the rest of my body with. I never ever have pimple though. I can only remember having hmm 5 before these 3 blackheads. And they were spread out over my teen years.
Sounds like your hormones are making your skin change a bit (that's normal) When you're out tomorrow, pick up some cleanser especially made for the delicate skin on your face. That will help you out
The stuff you use on the rest of your body is not made for the tender skin on your face and with your hormones fluctuating, it can aggervate it. Try to wash your skin 2x a day with something gentle like Oil of Olay (or whatever works for you). (if you don't have time to wash at night, they make these AWESOME cleaning cloths that take off makeup , oil, dirt, dead skin, and even mascarra - I use the wal-mart brand- it rocks!!!!!!!! ( ponds also makes them as does several other brands- they're really gentle and are awsome when you're tired and don't feel like sudsing up your skin. The key is to at least do that before bed so that the oil and dead skin or any makeup you have on doesn't clog your pores and cause break outs.
(wal-mart has a 2pack of their version of the "ponds clean sweep" cleansing cloths (they're like baby-wipes but designed for your face and are really gentle) for a double pack for $5.99 )- it's a great deal

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a teenager we didn't have all these products and cleansers. I used to get rid of blackheads by using a clean washcloth dipped in really hot water and a little antiseptic to hold to the blackhead as long as you can stand it, redoing as it cools. You will find that after about ten minutes they just fall out. Then dab with antiseptic. Do not squeeze them, you will enlarge the pores and may cause infection.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

Ok I'm going crazy I have 3 very small blackheads along my upper lip. They hurt like crazy but I cant seem to get rid of them.
Ive had them for a while and they are driving me nuts. Anyone have any tips on how to get rid of them. These are my first blackheads ever! I hardly ever have pimples either. So these are really bugging me. Any ideas? HELP ME!
You've gotten some good advice, but I'd like to throw out one more idea - if you can, look into getting a facial at a nice salon/spa - get an exfoliating one - they work miracles. They're not necessarily that expensive, either. Where I go, it's cheaper than a haircut.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

When I was a teenager we didn't have all these products and cleansers. I used to get rid of blackheads by using a clean washcloth dipped in really hot water and a little antiseptic to hold to the blackhead as long as you can stand it, redoing as it cools. You will find that after about ten minutes they just fall out. Then dab with antiseptic. Do not squeeze them, you will enlarge the pores and may cause infection.
Great advice! I will have to try this.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have really wide pores so I always have blackheads. Usually nothing that bothers me but when I do get a bad one I use a blackhead remover. It applies pressure in a way that the blackhead is forced out but it doesn't damage your skin. Then a quick swipe w/ astringent and it's all better with in a few hours.