It sounded like a good idea...

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been working on my mom's scrapbook for Christmas since MAY... I shoulda done more sooner
Now I'm frantically trying to get it all finished in 3 weeks!
I've been working on it for about 3 hours tonight, and got 6 pages finished
My back hurts, my head hurts, WHY did I think this was a good idea?
I have like a trillion more pages left... at least I got all my pictures printed out... blah!

Oh, and of course Harley & Davidson think its playtime with all the papers and stickers - I don't think so!!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did that one time. For my parents 20th anniversary. Never again! It takes much more time then I ever thought. But the good news is they loved it. And Im sure your mo will love it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

That's awesome Mackenzie...you should post some of your finished pages!!!!
I definately will! The scrapbook is all about camping - we're a huge camping family, and we have tons of pics that are just not being used, so I thought this would be nice
Ugh, I shoulda just bought her a toaster

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Toaster would have been easier
I was planning on doing a scrapbook for my sis, but don't think I will have enough time! I might just start it and give her what I got and just add to it for her!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It definately would have been easier! But this is personal and well basicially, after what we did for her last year, I had to come up wtih something good
But I know nothing will out do last year!

Pics are uploading!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are a few of the pages that I've done already - and did tonight:

I found this paper tonight - I'm giong to put it in the front cover and write hera little letter

I blew this pic up into an 8x10 - its my dad and our chocoalte lab Sam standing at the end of our dock, I love this picture!

My brothers kneeboarding page - he's awesome, I love watching him!

The water pages: (we're big into water sports)

I have a lot left to do

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Mackenzie Those are GREAT
I'm getting ideas from you
Love the Mom paper too!!!
Thanks! I'm happy with them, so far! I have to quit for tonight since I ran out of page inserts
Ugh!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
That looks fantastic!
You should be able to finish. Once you get started, it really does seem to go fast

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've made a scrapbook for my mom's 50th birthday and my friend who is moving across the country next week. They both loved them. And mine didn't look nearly as good as yours does! So it will be worth it when you're finished.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't see the pics Mackenzie, but I'm sure they're awesome. That is such a great idea. I have been wanting to try scrapbooking for awhile, but you need so many different materials, I'm afraid I'd go broke just trying to get all the stuff ready to make one!
I have been seriously knitting away the last few weeks. I try to make some home-made gifts as well, they are great keepsakes..... I'm working on hats, booties, blankets, and scarves....nothing like pressure right?!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

I can't see the pics Mackenzie, but I'm sure they're awesome. That is such a great idea. I have been wanting to try scrapbooking for awhile, but you need so many different materials, I'm afraid I'd go broke just trying to get all the stuff ready to make one!
I have been seriously knitting away the last few weeks. I try to make some home-made gifts as well, they are great keepsakes..... I'm working on hats, booties, blankets, and scarves....nothing like pressure right?!
Those are good ideas! I am going to try to do some home-made gifts next Christmas. I didn't set a budget this year and got a little carried away.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Its not really that expensive, a lot of the papers I get are .30 cents each and the stickers/tags are like .80cents. The most expensive thing was the book - and that was about $18.00 - not that bad!

I'm headed to the scrappers store now to get more page inserts.... and more things I forgot!

Thank you for all the kind compliments! I hope to get it finished this weekend!!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

but what about all the die cuts, and the paper punchers, and the "tag" type things.....and paper crimpers? I would need all of that stuff I'm sure.....
The 'tags' I get are really cheap - and I saw at Hobby Lobby - they had a 12 pack of different type of siccors for $15 which was cheap, and paper crimpers? I don't use them, thats what cats are for