They can tell a storm is coming...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The weather man predicted that we are going to get one heck of a snow storm tonight, and I think the boys just confirmed it. They've been running around like their tails are on fire. It's nice when they let me know I should batten down the hatches and brace for a big storm. I like having two furry barometers.

Any one else have furry weather men?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ooh, I hope you don't get the one we just got..its a doozy!

Trout doesn't notice anything except her own tail when it gets in her way

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Loki and Jacob don't get too excited unless there are big winds involved - or thunder and lightning in the summer! Then they try to hide in Mummy's lap!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think no doubt that they can tell when there's going to be an earthquake, epically fish in a tank .. They will start swimming back and forth.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

The weather man predicted that we are going to get one heck of a snow storm tonight, and I think the boys just confirmed it. They've been running around like their tails are on fire. It's nice when they let me know I should batten down the hatches and brace for a big storm. I like having two furry barometers.

Any one else have furry weather men?
Jake.... he will stand in the yard, sick his nose straight into the air and walk around sniffing the air....we KNOW it's gonna rain when he does this

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My girls are a bit restless tonight. But then it's really windy. The trash can just got blown over (it's a real big one) and both my neighbor and I were looking out our doors to see what had happend. Fortunatley it's empty or I'd be out there in this collecting it all! We may get flurries at the most, but I don't think we will. It's just loud. I won't know what to do when we have a non-metal roof/sided house!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a huge furry barometer....her name is Ginger and she's a wolf mix.
Uhhh...you have never lived until you've had a wolf live with you that's petrified of thunderstorms, wind, anything like that. She's completly chewed through two HUGE drywalls, wooden doors, you name it, she's destroyed it. She has severe anxiety problems during storms and freaks out. So we always know when we're in for bad weather around my house
The only thing we've found that calms her down is crating her before it storms and also giving her a tranqualizer pill. So yup, I have a furry little weather girl

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I have a huge furry barometer....her name is Ginger and she's a wolf mix.
Uhhh...you have never lived until you've had a wolf live with you that's petrified of thunderstorms, wind, anything like that. She's completly chewed through two HUGE drywalls, wooden doors, you name it, she's destroyed it. She has severe anxiety problems during storms and freaks out. So we always know when we're in for bad weather around my house
The only thing we've found that calms her down is crating her before it storms and also giving her a tranqualizer pill. So yup, I have a furry little weather girl
Awwww... poor Ginger. Give her a pat on the head for me when the next storm comes.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Awwww... poor Ginger. Give her a pat on the head for me when the next storm comes.
I will definitely do that, thanks heather
, /although lol, she'll probably need a nice pat on her backside if she chews through another drywall- it took Colin forever to fix the ones she demolished.
Thank goodness for huge metal crates
she loves hers- it's her little "safe place" although she's not little at all
You know, I bet her and 8-bit would have a ball playing together

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I will definitely do that, thanks heather
, /although lol, she'll probably need a nice pat on her backside if she chews through another drywall- it took Colin forever to fix the ones she demolished.
Thank goodness for huge metal crates
she loves hers- it's her little "safe place" although she's not little at all
You know, I bet her and 8-bit would have a ball playing together
The last thing that 8-Bit needs is a Wolf-mix to blame when he does something bad! He'd put her up to doing something I just know it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The last thing that 8-Bit needs is a Wolf-mix to blame when he does something bad! He'd put her up to doing something I just know it.
That's soo true! I could see those two trying to rule the world

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Are you a teacher?
Heck no, I don't like children
YOU got a snow day though
my company has a very crappy weather policy, as in come in or you get fired