Does this look ok?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I took the polish off my nails since I'm getting them done this weekend. I seen a girl the other day with blue french tips instead of white so I decided to experiement.....Does it look stupid?

Or would white french tips with silver glitter on the white part only look better?

I want something new and glittery....
If it sucks, tell me. I don't wanna walk around lookin stupid

akbeck98

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always get my nails done with purple or blue tips...I think it looks cool!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks!
I get so bored with the usual white tips or solid colors so I thought I'd try something new....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I took it a step further....I put red glitter over the clear part of my nails...

Can you tell I'm bored

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

I took it a step further....I put red glitter over the clear part of my nails...

Can you tell I'm bored
I wanna see!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a fan of traditional french manicures. I think for darker colours it looks better to have it on all of the nail and not just the tips. If it's just at the tips to me it looks like the manicure is old and the polish has chipped off.

But really these days anything goes. The important thing is that you like it because you are the one ultimately wearing it.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ahah , i know i am a guy, but err why would you only paint the tips?
nevermind ignore this post

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

ahah , i know i am a guy, but err why would you only paint the tips?
nevermind ignore this post
lol
painting just the tips is like putting graphics on a car or pinstripping a car...does that make sense? its for show

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looks fabulous!

I always like doing something like that for holidays. Feels a little special. I used to (and would this year if i had the money for a full set
) do the more sort of triangle looking tips... like where the white forms a "V" instead of a curve. Well revlon makes this dark red (I can't remember the name) and also makes the same shade of dark red in sparkles - i think the sparkle one is called firecracker. Anywho... I'd do one side in the plain red, and then overlap the other side of the V with the sparkle. And sometimes when I got bored with that I also did the plain red on the whole nail and just the tip in sparkles. Got a lot of compliments on it.. and I'm sure you'll get a lot of compliments on yours too! The colors always look so much cheerier than the white.