Does anyone else's cat do this?....

catsarenice

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my cats likes to sleep on my head and knead my neck when I am sleeping. I think it's SO cute and I really enjoy it with the exception that it tickles a bit. Also, does anyone know what this means? Does he miss his mommy or think I am his mommy? He is 4 years old and I raised him from kittenhood.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perfectly natural. I had one cat who insisted on wrappinig herself around my neck and purring in my ear.

By the way, he KNOWS that you are his mommy.

PS: Welcome to TheCatSite.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Always glad to help. You will find many helpful people here on this site. Enjoy.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

My little kitten Davidson who is about 5 months, does the same thing. He'll curl up on my neck and kneed my face actually! Perfectly normal!

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

Always glad to help.
You will find many helpful people here on this site.
Enjoy.
And, you will also find that almost all of the things that people worry about not being normal turn out to be absolutely normal! That is why I enjoy the Behavior forum more than any other, I just keep finding out how normal Persi is. Otherwise, I would think he was a weirdo!

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gizmo usually kneads my shoulder every night before we go to bed. This is a sign that she (and your cat, and any cat who does it) is happy. It's a modified 'milk tread' from when they were kittens.
At first it hurt, but I let her do it since I wanted her to be happy. Now I have a much stronger shoulder! I told Gizmo that if she could do the 'back' I'd hire her out as a Swedish masseuse!

Your cat is very happy.