Problems after posting

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the past couple of days after I finish posting to a thread the bottom of my screen say done but my screen is blank. if I refresh my done changes to stopped. I then have to go back on the site. This started with the new format of the adds between the posts.
Any thoughts??

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know, but I just wanted to say that I've had the same problem - not all the time, but occasionally.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I've called this thread to the administration's attention. I have no idea what the problem is - perhaps your firewall or antivirus software reacting to the ads?

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine does it occasionally too. After posting or creating a thread but the good news is that what I posted is still there when I come back.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The format of ads between posts isn't new though, it's been here for a few months at least, though I have been tweaking some of the skins/templates and have added it to a few where it's been missing. What skin/theme are you using for viewing the board with?

I wonder if this could be an ISP issue. I don't see how the ads could be causing this, but who knows with computers
Let me know which skin you're using, and we'll try and isolate this from our end first.

Thank you for your patience and my apologies!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It happens to me occasionally also, and started happening in the last few months. I don't think we've made changes on our end and have been using our ISP longer than the problem.

OK, so I'm dumb - what is a "skin"?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

OK, so I'm dumb - what is a "skin"?
Down the bottom of the page on the left is a little box where you can change the forum's "skin" or color. For example, I use "Default Grey", while many people use greens or purples.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use the default skin. For a while I had this problem at home, and not at work. Then it switched round and I had it at work but not at home! Different ISPs for home and work but have used both for a long time prior to this happening. No changes to either computer in this time either. Hope that info helps
It's not stopping me from using the boards - it's a mild inconvenience rather than a major problem