LOL...Poor Trout!!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought some new toys for her, and I was taking them out of the closet..calling her name so she could come see them, I was all excited to show them to her...I kept calling her name and she wouldn't come...

So, I shut the closet door and began my search for her...I was calling her name over and over searching in all her favorite places..and she wouldn't come out..so I even got her treat bag and shook it and poured out some treats...STILL NO TROUT..I was thinking, this isn't right....

I went about my business brushed my teeth, washed my face..then I had a thought....walked over to the closet and opened the door and out comes Trout meowing and running at top speed looking for the treats and the toys!!!

Poor thing, must have been in there "MOOOOOOOOOOM, I'M IN HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERE!!! MOM, MOM!!!" Hearing me pour out treats and everything, she must have been dyin in there...

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard a saying once which goes along the lines of 'cats are always on the wrong side of the door' and I think this bears it out

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I heard that pitiful meow from inside the rubermaid container that we keep the dog food in. Duke jumped in as the lid was closing and was in there for 3 hours. He likes dog kibble, you can tell by the size of him.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

I heard a saying once which goes along the lines of 'cats are always on the wrong side of the door' and I think this bears it out
That is why cats demand that doors be kept open.

Lucy doesn't say anything when she get trapped. Instead, Much starts having a fit, meowing until I let Lucy out.

You had better have lots of treats to make up for this.

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Trout!

Originally Posted by katachtig

Lucy doesn't say anything when she get trapped. Instead, Much starts having a fit, meowing until I let Lucy out.
That's what happens when Molly's shut in! Tibby goes at the door until she is released!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That poor dear locked in the closet and having to hear mom getting her treats out. Give her a extra kiss for me even if it is kind of comical.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think things like this is where they came up with that whole "curiosity killed the cat" saying....we have done the same things with my 2, open a door for 1 second, and with their invisible cloak they sneak in and you don't even see them!

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL - Ginger has learned to open doors that aren't closed completely all the way by jumping up and pushing with her paws on the doorknob.
So I never shut my closet doors all the way, just in case!

Poor little Trout!!!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've learned to always check and double check before closing a door, drawer, lid or cupboard.

I always have to keep my closet doors open and one kitchen cupboard door under the sink. Those are 3 favourite places for my cats to go and sleep.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mine aren't near as nice as some of yours....when one kitty gets shut in a closet, the rest just sit outside the door & mock the locked in kitty!!

Poor Trout.....but no worries...she'll get you back!