DH is so in love with Anya...

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our Christmas traditions is to buy each other an ornament each year for Christmas. That way we end up with a tree of ornaments in a few years that mean something special to us.

I usually buy him one from what is supposed to be on every couple's tree (There's a traditional set that includes things like birds, a rose, an angel, etc. and each one symbolizes something like hope, joy, God's love.) He gets me one that represents the major milestone of that year for us.

We exchanged last night and this year he bought a small pewter kitty. To him getting Anya is the most important thing that happened this past year. He's so in love with her.

Here's a pic of the ornament, althought it doesn't do it justice.

Pewter Kitty

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is an incredible tradition!

He's a very sweet man... can't help but love a guy as smitten by your babies as you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Emily...you have a real keeper there!!!!
You're saying that because he's a die hard Redskins fan.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Emily, that is SO SWEET!!! I am fighting back the tears!!!

(I have been thinking of doing a similar tradition for Jasmine, but have not gotten off my behind to do it yet, this way when she moves out and grows up she'll have a tree full of ornaments!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Oh Emily, that is SO SWEET!!! I am fighting back the tears!!!

(I have been thinking of doing a similar tradition for Jasmine, but have not gotten off my behind to do it yet, this way when she moves out and grows up she'll have a tree full of ornaments!)
That's a great idea!

My sister bought me an ornament almost every year as I was growing up (she's 10 years older) and I love them all. Of course they are currently in a box in my mom's basement because when I made the move from GA to Cali in my car they didn't make the cut of what would and HAD to fit.