What shall we name him?????

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of you may have already come across this thread about Colin and I adopting another dog. The dog we are planning on adopting is an adult male german shepherd mix. We are adopting him because one of Colin's other police friends has 8 dogs that he has taken in and rescued over the years...and well, 8 dogs trying to fight for a piece of "territory" has caused some issues, so he's trying to rehome some of them. Colin and I are supposed to meet the new doggie sometime soon to see how he gets along with Fosters and the kittens. If he does not get along with them, i have already talked to the shelter i volunteer with and they've agreed to take him, so eithor way, he will find an excellent home- i just hope it's with us!
As of right now, his name is Digger....which I don't particurally care for. Colin and I were talking earlier about how we'd like to stick with the "beer theme" we have going on with Fosters. (that's an entirely different story how he came up with that name
) So here's where ya'll come in! If ya'll could list every single beer name you can think of and post them, that would be awesome! Once I look through the list, I will pick out the names Colin and I like best and take a poll and let everyone vote on their favorite. I wish I had a picture I could post of him, but I don't. I haven't seen him yet. All I know is he's an adult male german shepherd mix and his current name is Digger.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Anheuser(sp?)
Busch
Guiness
Miller
Michelob

Hmmm....I'm on 19...why do I know so many beer names?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here are the beer names I came up with so far...please feel free to comment on them if you like them or don't like them!
Also, post any suggestions you'd like- it doesn't have to be a beer name, it could be another alcoholic beverage!!

Bud
Miller
Jager (jagermeister)
Ace
Amstel
Guinness
Colt (colt45)
Aspen
Killian
Schlitz
Schaefer
Fullers (english beer)
Hacker (german beer)
Murphy

these are the ones we'd like not to do because they just don't seem to fit him:
Smirnoff, Bicardi, Zima, Busch, Corona..

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Anheuser(sp?)
Busch
Guiness
Miller
Michelob

Hmmm....I'm on 19...why do I know so many beer names?
hopefully just because you've seen them advertised on tv and not because you drink them

i don't drink to often (i'm legal)...but since Colin and I are sticking with the beer theme, i googled a lot of beer lists to pick names from.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

hopefully just because you've seen them advertised on tv and not because you drink them

i don't drink to often (i'm legal)...but since Colin and I are sticking with the beer theme, i googled a lot of beer lists to pick names from.
Honestly, the only time I drank was with my mom & dad....dad offered me a sip of his lager to taste. Nastiest stuff I've ever had & I've never even tasted a sip of alcohol since then!

Hey......Lager? Martini?

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

Honestly, the only time I drank was with my mom & dad....dad offered me a sip of his lager to taste. Nastiest stuff I've ever had & I've never even tasted a sip of alcohol since then!

Hey......Lager? Martini?
oh wow, martini would be soooo cute if it were a little girl!
I like that idea. Lager? maybe for him! As soon as I see him i will post pictures and i think that will help as far as naming him goes and comming up with more ideas

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So, you don't think a big, tough dog should be named Martini? May be a male Chihuahua would be better suited to be a Martini!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I vote for Michelob! That was my nickname in A&P in college!

I don't drink much at all, and never beer. I just had a professor who nicknamed people in his classes. That was what he chose for me. It stemmed from my maiden name. He called my best friend Zitz!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Coors
Labatt Blue
Miller
Moosehead
Muskoka
Minhas (Creek Classic Lager)
Carlsberg
Griffon (Extra Pale Ale)
Tuborg (In Quebec)
Maverick (Supreme Lager)
Carling (Black Label)
Munich (Dark)
Grizzly

There are a ton of beer names at the following link. I picked from Canada, but there are other countries and their beer names and companies listed too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...of_beer#Canada

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If he's a German Shepard mix, maybe he should be named after a German beer. Maybe Beck's or Lowenbrau.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bell's Oberon! My favorite beer!
I also like, um....
Rolling Rock
Corona
Heineken
Goose Island

So, maybe not great dog's names, but you should check out those beers for sure if you haven't already!

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

If he's a German Shepard mix, maybe he should be named after a German beer. Maybe Beck's or Lowenbrau.
That's what I was gonna say, something German for the GSD. Does it have to be a brand name or just beer-related, like "Suds?" Well, if you are collecting the brand names and put them out here, I'll vote.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about Equis! Like Dos Equis. Otherwise I like Bud or Budweiser. My Buddy is actually Budweiser.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what about Rainier?
we had a big black dog named Rainer at the shelter that got adopted quickly and was a sweetie pie.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I immediately thought of Guiness before I even saw it on the lists.

How about a micro brew? Fat Tire! LOL.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Moosehead
How funny would it be to name a dog moosehead

Originally Posted by Tari

That's what I was thinking about too, but I couldn't think of any good german beers.

Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I like Guinness, I know a special doggy with that name
Oh wow, i really like that suggestion- that's definitely going in the poll!

Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

what about Rainier?
we had a big black dog named Rainer at the shelter that got adopted quickly and was a sweetie pie.
Rainer is cute too! I'm going to add that one to the poll too when i make it

Originally Posted by kluchetta

How about a micro brew? Fat Tire! LOL.
As funny as it would be, lol, i don't think my family would let me get away with naming a doggie Fat Tire
Although it would be funny

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

dont confuse the dog. keep his name.
We would, but his name is "Digger," and it has already been confused with two other names. So i think it'd be a good idea to change it. We asked his other owner and he said he didn't mind. So i think Colin and I are going to stick with the "alcoholic theme"