Waxing.....LOL(ladies only)

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is for the ladies,
How many of you get your eyebrows and/or lip waxed?? I just went and got mine done awhile ago, and I always stay bright red for like a day or two....
Does this happen to anyone else?? It hurts so BAD, but its something thats got to be done.
Wish there was an easier way to get rid of that unwanted hair.....

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pluck my eyebrows and thankfully don't need to de-mustache... but I do wax something
Anyway, I always get red spots exactly where the hairs were. I basically look polka-dotted for a couple days.

I think Hydrocortisone helps alot, maybe try that!

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I pluck my eyebrows and occasionally shave my upper lip (I only grow a little hair there). Like Zissou's mom I wax something and if it's been awhile I bruise and if I've been doing it regularly I get all red then a day later I get the bumps which last another 2-3 days but then it's smooth (pun intended) sailing for at least 2 weeks. I find placing a cool wash cloth over it (or something cool) helps keep the redness down some.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get by eyebrows waxed once every 6 weeks and in between waxing, i pluck
as far as everything else goes, i shave regurally
I'm so used to it that it doesn't bother me. My skin around my eyebrows does get a bit irritated afterwards. So what I do is mix a tiny bit of Hydracortozone cream (sp?) with a little bit of aloe and put that on the red areas. Works like a charm and it goes away very quickly. Next time before you get waxed, but some ambesol tooth gel on the spots you're getting waxed (careful to avoid your eyes) and it will numb it so that you don't feel it as much. You can also take two tylenol before you get it done to help reduce inflamation

marishka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've been getting my eyebrows waxed since 7th grade, but use depilatory cream for anything else on my face. So much easier

I usually uh, shave the something else
, but want to get waxed...but am so afraid of the pain. I don't know, maybe I'll get the courage some day...

The redness only lasts for a few hours for me when waxing, though, even if I've had my legs and stuff done.

ryn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Marishka

The redness only lasts for a few hours for me when waxing, though, even if I've had my legs and stuff done.
Same here, my skin is fine in couple of hours max. I wax my upper lip and bikini line. I don't find it that painful either.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get my eyebrows waxed about once a month, and I pluck in between then. I love getting it done! Its so relaxing and I feel awesome afterwards, even if I'm the only one who notices that my eyebrows are done!
I'm usually only red for about an hour afterwards, but its usually not even noticeable.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If I don't wax my eyebrows I look like a furry monster! I have to do them once every four weeks (it's a standing appointment now) at the salon. I don't pluck because I'm lazy and I hate the pain.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im a little puerto rican but inherited some of the not so great parts of it...so yeah I am quite the fuzzy women lol!
it can be sad you guys

I get my eyebrows waxed every now and then for a nice shape and for a few months i can maintain the shape by tweezing. they get red but I put ice on it and the next day they are ok. If your going anywhere nice and you wanna get them done I would do it two days before hand.

I use the hair removal product called VEET for my legs.
I works very very well, even on reallly long hair (dont ask
) and takes anywhere from 3-6 minutes depending on hair length and it keeps the stubble down for at least 4 days. Which is great in summer. I use it cause I have sensitive skin to razors and am afraid of a leg wax.

I hate my underarm hair..to me it grows like way faster then the avarage women...I wanna get it removed forever...anyone else?

I wanna get a Brazillian wax! No one see's me in my undies ever and my bf could care less ,but if I go on vacation some place beachy I'm giving it a whirl....
soooooo
anyone get that area done?

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

This is for the ladies,
How many of you get your eyebrows and/or lip waxed?? I just went and got mine done awhile ago, and I always stay bright red for like a day or two....
Does this happen to anyone else?? It hurts so BAD, but its something thats got to be done.
Wish there was an easier way to get rid of that unwanted hair.....
I use body sugar for brows, arms, under arms, legs and bikini area.

http://www.asontv.com/products/939148895.html

The hair I get on my upper lip and chin are more coarse because of hormonal imbalance, so I use home waxing.

http://www.hair-removers.com/poetic-wax-kit.html

I find that the redness from the body sugar only lasts a few minutes and that with the wax I use at home there is no redness at all.

kiki_585

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't currently have anything waxed but am wanting to do the legs and the brazillian like someone else has mentioned. I am thinking of going to a professional for when I go to Mexico in about a month! Don't want to have to worry about shaving anything when I am there!

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get my eyebrows waxed, but nothing else I shave legs, underarms etc. I think maybe they used wax that was too hot to do your eyebrows. When I get mine done the skin is a bit red for a hour or so but not more than that. It sounds like you got a bit of a burn or heat rash. I suggest aloe vera until it feels better.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I use Sally Hansen wax strips, on my upper lip. The kit comes with a bottle of Azulene oil, which removes any residual wax and prevents redness and irritation.

I am seriously considering laser treatments, for my upper lip.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Waxing terrifies me, I would like to try it on my eyebrows and other places...but man, what if they get my eyebrows all uneven or something, that would be mortifying...

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get my eyebrows done every 6 weeks or so.Doesn't hurt me a bit... Speaking of, I need to make an appointment

I wouldn't DARE have any "nether regions" waxed...I'm too chicken

Reggie had the back of his neck waxed once... he still hasn't forgiven me

emrldsky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get my eyebrows waxed every once in a while. I'm fortunate and have naturally arched eyebrows. For my wedding, I waxed under my arms. Omg...the most painful....*shudder* I had to have my mom finish. If I EVER do that again, I'm seeing a professional. *cries*

But my underarms looked great for several weeks and especially with my strapless gown.