Oh NO!!!! They all 5 got loose in the house!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh crap,i just walked in the kichen a minute ago to check on the kittens- i noticed that it was extremly quiet in there and thought they might be up to something. Sure enough....those little rascles were! They figured out out to open one of the accordian doors and the all 5 got loose in the house.
I found four of them pretty quick and put them up, but i still can't find Blazer. Those little rugrats are being sooooo rotten today! Uhh wish me luck! There's no telling where Blazer is in this house. I'm praying he didn't find the christmas tree.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the Christmas tree is the first place to look!
good luck keeping them under control!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
you be good you silly kitties!
I hope you find Blazer. he is probably checking out the Christmas tree.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, thankfully, I have a herding dog
Fosters found Blazer. He was hiding underneath Colin's bed. So I went in there and got him out. As soon as I walked through Colins office to get to the kitchen and put him up i saw a little black and white streak run past me! Uhhhh I figured out who the culprit is! It's Magnum! As soon as I put little Blazer back in the kitchen, I had to chase Magnum around the office and finally cought him. He is the very one who's opening the kitchen doors
As soon as I cought the little stinker and had all 5 of them back in the kitchen i saw him try to get out again. He takes a running start at the accordian doors and runs into them until he opens it. They are all 5 in their cage now lol...I told the little trouble makers to take a nap and give meowmy a break for a minute
/ Thankfully, they were too busy enjoying their new found freedom to notice the christmas tree.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Funny from your siggy I assumed you wouldn't have a Xmas tree. lol If you have a bi-fold door to your kitchen you can get a baby-proof device to prevent the little darlings from opening the door.

Cynthia

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckatz

Funny from your siggy I assumed you wouldn't have a Xmas tree. lol If you have a bi-fold door to your kitchen you can get a baby-proof device to prevent the little darlings from opening the door.

Cynthia
1/2 of my family is Jewish, and 1/2 is southern baptist christians...so I celebrate both Hanukkah and Christmas
I'm a converted Jew (christian) so I am huge on Christmas, etc - so I normally decorate for both holidays, only this year when I dug up my menorrah, it was broken (i still haven't figured out how
I wrapped it nicely last year) so since i don't have the $$$ to get a new one, i just decorated for Christmas this year and did a Hanukkah siggy. Both holidays are special to me though
/ They have baby proof devices for accordian doors?????? REALLY!!!!! Ok,....so do you have a link to a site that sells these by chace? I would love to see what we can find to kitty proof them

Originally Posted by white cat lover

And that is why I won't foster kittens!
awww...but they're soooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

And that is why I won't foster kittens!
I had to get the baby-proofing device for my 3yr siamese-she opens the bi-fold door to the washer-dryer. I guess she is just a big kitten.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok,....so do you have a link to a site that sells these by chace? I would love to see what we can find to kitty proof them.

I got mine at home depot. It's for a bi-fold door I don't know if that's the same. There must be something for accordian doors. Like a lock might work.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ckatz

Ok,....so do you have a link to a site that sells these by chace? I would love to see what we can find to kitty proof them.

I got mine at home depot. It's for a bi-fold door I don't know if that's the same.
Nope, I don't believe they are. Bifold doors are what we have in the kitchen that seperate the washer/dryer from the rest of the kitchen (they're very descrete wooden doors) / Accordian doors are little cheap plastic type doors that when closed, resemble an accordian instrument, and when open, expand to hook into a little slot. They're different things. I'm hoping there's some way to kitty proof the accordian door- because if they push on it enough, they can sneak through the bottom of it because it moves easily.

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Nope, I don't believe they are. Bifold doors are what we have in the kitchen that seperate the washer/dryer from the rest of the kitchen (they're very descrete wooden doors) / Accordian doors are little cheap plastic type doors that when closed, resemble an accordian instrument, and when open, expand to hook into a little slot. They're different things. I'm hoping there's some way to kitty proof the accordian door- because if they push on it enough, they can sneak through the bottom of it because it moves easily.
How little are these kittens? Do you think they can get over a gate like for a baby or a dog? I'm thinking you could open or remove the accordian door and install a gate in the doorway.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was going to suggest doing what I did-put chairs in front of hte doors, but from your description of acordian doors, it prolly won't work!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Funny cats! The first weekend we had Mooch and Noodles they slept in the bathroom. Then they figured out they were small enough to get out under the bathroom door!

Mooch would also climb over 2 stacked baby gates to get out of the hall.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to put magnetic latches on all of my cubbord dors because of my kitties I would go to get a pot to cook in and have to dump the cat out of it and wash it first. Now I just have to remove the fur, not the whole furball.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats poo-poo at magnetic catches. I've added latches on every door that I don't want them to open. The simple hook latches work great on bi-fold doors and could possibly work on the end of an accordian door (between the end and the wall).

Little buggers!!

ckatz

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

UH OH BAD BOYS! Hopefully you find Blazer soon!
It's ok. The dog found Blazer right away, now we are trying to figure out how to prevent kittens from opening the accordian door, any suggestions?

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only way I find to keep my foster kittens contained is putting them in a kennel and only taking them out when I can be right there. Kittens are rotten.