Stiff and sore

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night at the grocery store, I managed to slip on a patch of ice and landed on my backside
. I cut my hand and my wrists were a bit sore, but everything seemed OK. I complained to the manager, did my shopping and went home. This morning, when I woke up my neck and lower back were stiff. Not good timing, since I'm flying for a business trip tomorrow.
I know I'm whining, but I'm already ready for winter to be over

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Ouch Christy!!
What did the manager say?
That they would put more salt out
Everyone keeps telling me, half-serious/half-joking that I should have sued. Since no major damage was done (I'm just being fussy and whiny today), I wasn't going to make a big deal of it.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's scary stuff, Christy. Glad you're essentially OK, if not very comfortable.

A friend of ours wasn't so lucky last week in the ice and snow here. She slipped, fell and cracked her skull. She's as OK as can be expected at this point, but it's going to be a long haul for her.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oof! And I've been whining over how sore I am from my trip the other night! I'll hush now! Hope your feeling better soon! A long hot bath sounds in order!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good vibes to the three of you (counting the girl with the skull fracture) - I hope you all heal well, and soon.

I'm glad you told them - them putting more salt out may have prevented a more serious fall later.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the manager take your name??? I would put ice on your injured parts (for 20 minutes.)
Do you have a heating pad you can take with you. Maybe you can preboard your flight due to injury???

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
ouch! i once feel down the stairs at home (luckily only about 4) but landed on my car
yeah I was hurting for a few days. hope you feel better and I agree that a nice hot bath is in order

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Christy, it's that time of year. We all need to be so careful when we're walking anywhere.........today is a perfect example. Go home tonight and take that hot bath.......they really do help!