Little placeing kittens Vent.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a little breeder vent...

Everyone but three have their forever homes and are gone or will be going shortly.

Got an email today from some gal got pictures info, ect ect told her all about the kitties. what have you..

she finally says "oh well we wanted a kitten that is 12 weeks old and only want to pay 250, so IF we decide to take one of yours you will sale for 250 right?"

wrong.

First thing is my website CLEARLY states the Birthdate of the kittens, I also stated it in my first email to her, along with current photos. I was clear in my first email on the prices, and that they were non Neg. Yes as a breeder i am not in it for the money but business wise you have to recoup SOME of your expenses, and due to the kittens being 6 months we did give a discount already.

oh yeah and i dont SALE cats..

Ok..vent over..

Thanks for listening.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, what are you saying? You aren't going to sale me one of your kittens for 250? I wanted one that was 12 weeks and yours are 6 months, so come on, I want you to sale it for less since YOUR the one that doesn't have the 12 week olds I want!

People like that can be so fustrating, vent all you want! ( atleast she didn't totally waste your time by comming to look at them, and then trying to talk to out of the money you worked so hard for and deserve!)
But really I want you to sale one to me

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
*sigh* It really is such a frustrating thing sometimes when trying to do the best in placing our kittens. We want for them to go to the best of homes, people who will provide them the absolute best of care, food, love and attention. But raising kittens costs money. That is a fact. There is the necessary vet care, food and litter costs, the supplies we need on hand in the event something happens ... it all adds up! Breeding can be fulfilling but let no one ever say it isn't spendy!

Politely email this person back and tell her you are sorry it didn't work out - then move on. Sounds to me like money is an issue for them and if the money isn't there, then you don't want that baby to go to a home where vet care would be compromised due to lack of funds.

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I get these type of folks from time to time also.
I politely but immediately dismiss them in whatever manner is appropriate and professional at the time.
I find that people who want to wheel and deal about the price of a kitten, probably won't spend the extra money to feed them the best foods, won't consider spending money to provide them with good toys, cat trees, etc.
And...most important of all, may not be willing to spend the money for proper vet care.
I don't want these types of people owning any of my cats.

Cats/Kittens are not merchandise.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

So, what are you saying? You aren't going to sale me one of your kittens for 250? I wanted one that was 12 weeks and yours are 6 months, so come on, I want you to sale it for less since YOUR the one that doesn't have the 12 week olds I want!

People like that can be so fustrating, vent all you want! ( atleast she didn't totally waste your time by comming to look at them, and then trying to talk to out of the money you worked so hard for and deserve!)
But really I want you to sale one to me
LOL thans for making me laugh about it. Yeah she didnt totally waste my time which was nice of her, lol but still ticked me off real good. I dont think most people know what goes into breeding i really dont. aside from the love and the care..the shots and the extra litter food, ect i got the long hair that gets brushed 3 times daily..

ah well what can ya do?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

*sigh* It really is such a frustrating thing sometimes when trying to do the best in placing our kittens. We want for them to go to the best of homes, people who will provide them the absolute best of care, food, love and attention. But raising kittens costs money. That is a fact. There is the necessary vet care, food and litter costs, the supplies we need on hand in the event something happens ... it all adds up! Breeding can be fulfilling but let no one ever say it isn't spendy!

Politely email this person back and tell her you are sorry it didn't work out - then move on. Sounds to me like money is an issue for them and if the money isn't there, then you don't want that baby to go to a home where vet care would be compromised due to lack of funds.
Oh i did i was polite. but i also told her *WHY* i couldnt go to the price she requested. And i agree the care would most likely be compromised due to lack of funds. or planning..i think she just wants the token christmas kitten. which i will not do. i havent been doing to much with the three left until after the holidays. I am going to be takeing them to the vet and getting them fixed and will go back to finding forever homes afterwards. I just fear my kittens being the token holiday kitten and although i interview heavily sometimes they can still trick you..

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Most dont know what goes into breeding ... I have sure learned alot

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kai Bengals

I get these type of folks from time to time also.
I politely but immediately dismiss them in whatever manner is appropriate and professional at the time.
I find that people who want to wheel and deal about the price of a kitten, probably won't spend the extra money to feed them the best foods, won't consider spending money to provide them with good toys, cat trees, etc.
And...most important of all, may not be willing to spend the money for proper vet care.
I don't want these types of people owning any of my cats.

Cats/Kittens are not merchandise.
Thank you! I agree. these are not something to be haggled over IMO. I LOVE my babies..and raise them with the best of what we can afford and the best of love. i expect no less of their new homes.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't like to have kittens at christmas time, I am so afraid of them being "christmas pets for ...." Then after the holidays they get forgotten or worse.

gayef

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was unlucky enough to be forced to breed Lexus and Tonka just in time to have their first litter at Christmastime. Although I do have to say that I couldn't be more pleased with the people who have them now ... I made some lifetime friends out of those people and to this day, talk to one of them at least weekly.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by gayef

I was unlucky enough to be forced to breed Lexus and Tonka just in time to have their first litter at Christmastime. Although I do have to say that I couldn't be more pleased with the people who have them now ... I made some lifetime friends out of those people and to this day, talk to one of them at least weekly.
thats good it worked out
I just know right now i am getting an influx of emails, for the little bit of ads i have up. and its mostly the christmas present stuff. I grill them, and so far no one has passed my grill.

I dont want one of my poor babies to be the christmas present, and get tossed in a bussle. ect....or be around tinsle or any of that.