WAH!!! :bawling:

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My first baby went to her furever home today!

She went home with a lovely single older gentleman named Garry. He's already paid for the spay and the appointment is for after christmas.

He named her Sheena.

poohandwendy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can totally relate. It really is tough watching them go, it's like someone is taking a family member away. {{{HUGS}}} You will get through this!

Blessings for Sheena and Garry, may they offer eachother years and years of happiness and companionship!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ok, 2 more went tonight

Prince went tonight and brownie went tonight to great homes! I'm really happy with these last 10 or so phone calls. I've pretty much been able to be as picky as I like. In total, I've had about 40 phone calls or so.

The people who took Brownie drove 3 hours to get him. It's really great how much effort they put into getting him. Their last cat past of old age at their vets and they've finally felt ready to get a new boy.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awe, it's happy time for the new babies, don't be sad, you raised them and got them ready, now they are going to make another family complete
It is always hard at first, but know they went to a place that past your inspection and approval, and will be loved. When they are gone, you can go and foster a new pregnant mom from a rescue, and do it all over again
Doesn't that sound like fun?

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gee, How'd you read my mind LOL

I would love to do this kind of thing full time...like placing kittens, Not having them..man I'm a phycho when it comes to standards, but I think its a great thing.

Actually, after this experience, I think that when I'm in my retirement age, I would maybe like to breed siamese.....but only after many many years of research and figuring out if that is the right thing to do for myself. No more until them!

poohandwendy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by IloveSiamese

Gee, How'd you read my mind LOL

I would love to do this kind of thing full time...like placing kittens, Not having them..man I'm a phycho when it comes to standards, but I think its a great thing.

Actually, after this experience, I think that when I'm in my retirement age, I would maybe like to breed siamese.....but only after many many years of research and figuring out if that is the right thing to do for myself. No more until them!
Aw, you have had a rough night. But, I have to say...it is so awesome that you had a good response and were able to pretty much hand-pick their new families.

{{{HUGS}}} how many more to go?

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got 7 left....but tomorrow a lady and her daughter are coming for an interview for dot and on friday a couple is driving a couple hours for an interview for Pearl. They picked Pearl out over the phone...they wanted specific qualities and the man's father in-law is a vet in this small town (where I was born actually, so I know for sure) and he's going to preform all their vet procedures out for no cost to them.
So I'm pretty much down to 5 from 10....I think we'll be keeping squeekers, so 4 left and the 2 moms.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I've got 7 left....but tomorrow a lady and her daughter are coming for an interview for dot and on friday a couple is driving a couple hours for an interview for Pearl. They picked Pearl out over the phone...they wanted specific qualities and the man's father in-law is a vet in this small town (where I was born actually, so I know for sure) and he's going to preform all their vet procedures out for no cost to them.
So I'm pretty much down to 5 from 10....I think we'll be keeping squeekers, so 4 left and the 2 moms.
Just make sure you follow up on the spay/neuter dates to ensure that these kittens are fixed.

Katie

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your not keeping the moms? I thought they were yours, well I guess they came to you as moms to be, but I thought you was keeping them. The others cat you had got lost, right, didn't you have another? Well, any way, will squeakers be the only cat you have? Or do you have another besides? wont sqeak be lonely
HEEHEE!
Any way you can help rescues they can use, whether it was fostering or if it's placing them

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup I will for sure follow up. I've got everyone's names, numbers, and addresses as well as the clinic they are going to.

I was never planning on keeping the mothers. They were temps. until they had their kittens and could be spayed and rehomed. Actually, the reason I took this last mom in was because if I didn't, she was going to end up on the streets. I couldn't let that happen. I have a plan of action for the moms like I did for the kittens. I've contacted my local shelter and through a contract, I would keep them until they could be placed. The people taking them home would just pay the shelter for the spays and then they will have a good home.

I do have a male adult lynx point who came with one of the preggo females. His name is Casper. We are keeping him and this will be his final home. He's been obviously abused in the past and I feel that to move him again would cause him too much trama as he's finally acting like he's at home.

My Yen did get out last April/May. I searched for months with no avail. I still have signs up and contacts at all the local shelters, so if one day she reappears, I would take her home again in a heart beat.

And yes, yes I know I am a CRAZY CAT LADY!!! LOL I hear it all the time.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My Yen did get out last April/May. I searched for months with no avail. I still have signs up and contacts at all the local shelters, so if one day she reappears, I would take her home again in a heart beat.
Did you try a humane trap?

Best Friendsâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji] Animal Radio recently interviewed Kat Albrecht, author of The Lost Pet Chronicles, and she gave some very good advice on finding a lost cat:

Most people donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t differentiate between searching for a dog and searching for a cat, which is a huge mistake, because they are like apples and oranges. Cats are territorial, so when an indoor cat escapes outside, they feel displaced into unfamiliar territory. A displaced cat (and also an injured or sick cat) will hide and they will be silent. So walking around and calling the catâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s name doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t work.

What that cat does is to look for the first place where she can hide, and she will stay there. Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve had people who have recovered their cats six weeks later, and the cat was two houses down, living under the neighborâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s house or under their deck.

Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve actually recovered lots of cats by treating them like ferals and setting a humane trap. These cats will sit there and watch and even listen to their person calling, but they will usually not respond.

Eventually, some of them will reach a threshold point between the seventh and tenth day where they finally do meow or they go into the humane trap, but many of them, especially the ones with skittish temperaments, just continue to hide.

As for a cat who is used to going outside, we really do advocate making your cats indoor-only. However, if an indoor/outdoor cat does go missing, it may be that theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been chased by a dog or beat up by another cat. They may run into an unfamiliar area, and they may hide in fear as well, or than can be transported out of the area by crawling into a car or the back of a truck.

Outdoor cats are still territorial. They donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t generally travel great distances by themselves, so theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re going to be found within their territory or just beyond it. Youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll want to get into your neighborâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s yard to search under their porch, under their house, and in potential areas where the cat is trapped, because, again, the behavior of an injured or sick cat is that they will crawl in or under something thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s familiar to them and they will hide. And again, they wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t answer your call.

Katie

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't try a humane trap, but I did everything else that you would typically do when looking for a lost cat. I search night time, I put hair and used litter all around the house, left cat food out and often sardines(sp??) for the strong smell, put up lost posters for a 3 block radius, contacted the radio, when to all the pets stores within a mile from the city limits, put ads on the radio...everything and I got nothing.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yea.. when I get sad, its more about my selfishness than anything. I wish I could just keep them all, but I know that she will be better cared for in a single cat home, where the owner can provide proper healthcare and attention and all that great stuff!

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we've decided to keep Squeekers and Junior.

Now we have midnight, runt, twinny and Dot to find homes for still.

Kyle's brother and girlfriend may take either dot or twinny and my parents may take twinny or midnight or runt (they want a male).

I really hope I find homes for the last two soon!

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I was never planning on keeping the mothers. They were temps. until they had their kittens and could be spayed and rehomed
I thought Mittens was your resident cat who got let out accidentally by your son and got pregnant.

In any case, congrats on screening the new adopters so well. I hope that the rest of the homes will be as good as the previously mentioned ones sound.