My Cat is Missing, won't come when called

maryfrances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenni

I am absolutely over the moon. My cat Bobby has returned after being missing for 8 months. He is curled up on my lap now purring and i'm absolutely ecstatic, i never thought i would see him again.
This is tremendous news, and wonderful for me. I am about to go out and call and call my young cat who has now disappeared for 2 nights. Is my cat going back to being feral?

I taught in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, last year, and she adopted me. She is small, very sweet, and was clingy. She follows me around like a shadow. We used to take walks outside.

BUT now we are living near Prague, in a high rise building, for over 3 months. Kitty is just miserable being inside all the time, so she goes out. She plays with 2 indoor-outdoor Czech cats, romps in the fields. She always came home when I called her. But not now. For the past couple weeks, she's been nuts. Wild! Yowling and meowing like a male in heat. No infections, the vet says. The Czechs say she's just feeling very frisky. I let her out to wear her out, so she isn't yowling at 3:00 AM. But she's out more and more.

Please help. I am so worried.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Originally Posted by maryfrances

This is tremendous news, and wonderful for me. I am about to go out and call and call my young cat who has now disappeared for 2 nights. Is my cat going back to being feral?

I taught in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, last year, and she adopted me. She is small, very sweet, and was clingy. She follows me around like a shadow. We used to take walks outside.

BUT now we are living near Prague, in a high rise building, for over 3 months. Kitty is just miserable being inside all the time, so she goes out. She plays with 2 indoor-outdoor Czech cats, romps in the fields. She always came home when I called her. But not now. For the past couple weeks, she's been nuts. Wild! Yowling and meowing like a male in heat. No infections, the vet says. The Czechs say she's just feeling very frisky. I let her out to wear her out, so she isn't yowling at 3:00 AM. But she's out more and more.

Please help. I am so worried.
Maryfrances, if your female cat spayed? The yowling and meowing sounds like she is a female in heat.
If she is not spayed and his been gone a few days it is likely that your kitty has gone to find a mate.
When she comes home, please take her to the vet to determine whether or not she is pregnant, and please discuss spaying with your vet.
You sound like such a good meowmy to her, I really hoe she comes home soon

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MaryFrances, I've split your thread from the original one you posted in so you can get individual help with finding your cat.

I'll move this to Behavior as someone may be able to help you more with your cat's sudden frisky and wandering behavior.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

The yowling and meowing sounds like she is a female in heat.
I agree.

I do hope she returns home, please take her to the vet when she returns and get her spayed if she isn't already.

angier106

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat ran away 1 month ago. I am still worried about her.
I hope that your comes home too
Angie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maryfrances

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all so much. Yeah, I was ready to kill the vet in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, because I paid considerable money to have her neutered. But the Czech vet she's okay.

Czechs just say she's feeling her oats, feeling frisky and young. My old boyfriend in England gets exasperated and says, "Cats do go for walks."

I honestly do not know. She was trapped someplace, I am pretty sure, since I was certain that I heard her the 2nd night she was gone. She staggered out of a place full of hiding places and a warm basement when I called her yesterday. But still. She always came when called. Why not now?

And today, she pesters and pesters me to go out. OUT!

Angie, Isensethat your cat will wander back. And if she doesn't, somone has taken her in. I recommend that every cat have a microchip, as is the law here. Also, the Czechs make her wear a collar with a tiny cylinder hanging from it with a slip of paper with her telephone number and email address. Kitty doesn't mind it one bit, and it has already worked out: a young woman called me when she was wandering around the building's stairwell, meowing.

BIG questions here is: How much are we fighting nature with a cat that is smart and wants to be a cat?

I appeciate your thoughts very much.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maryfrances, could your cat have befriended one of your neighbors?

I ask this because my former neighbors who lived 2 houses up had a cat who totally befriended us to the point she would stay with us, sometimes during the day, sometimes at night. One time I remember her owner calling to see if she was down here because it had been something like 3 days. Fortunately they didn't mind and were happy that Misty had a safe place to go.