Cats and night time mischief.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*exhausted*

Who here loses sleep because of their cats night time mischief?
I've either been up for a few hours at 3am because I can't sleep or up completely by 7am (not what I like to do if I'm not working) because of Reeses. For the past few nights she's been getting into EVERYTHING, things she seemingly could care less about during the day, especially trying to get under our bureaus after some mystery being that only she knows is there.

Last night I went to be before my wife, earlier than usual. The whole time we're up Reeses is usually in the living room or minding her own business somewhere else in the house. I went to bed and kept the door open a crack so she could come and go. I didn't even have my head on the pillow for 5 minutes and she starts playing with the chords to my alarm clock, trying to get under my bureau, scratching at the closet, running around and I think doing everything she can to keep me awake

I swear she's doing it on purpose, especially at night when we're both sleeping. Playing a "how much trouble can I get into" game

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm afraid all (or most) kittens are going to be like that. I remember when my roommate and I got Emily as a kitten I didn't get much sleep for a whole year...luckily I was in college and could deal with it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a cutie
/ My foster kittens currently sleep in their cage at night since they are still sick and little. My four girls stay at my house with my mom most of the time(i'm at Colins right now). Velvet sleeps in the kitchen, Jasmine and Isabella sleep in their huge kitty bed together or together on my moms bed, and abilene alternates between sleeping in the bathroom and sleeping in my room.
/ Colin and I have a large collie/australian shepherd mix, Fosters, that sleeps with us at night. He's aweful too! Always trying to "catch" those blanket monsters (arms and legs that move under the blankets
) in the middle of the night....he dives after them...and he's not a little dog eithor! He's huge
he just thinks he's a little lap dog
/ We're about to adopt a German shepherd mix as well....so i can only imagine what it'll be like with two of them jumping around the bed
I told Colin we'll need a California king bed before it's all said and done with

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When she does sleep, she sleeps with us. A good night is when she's up there 90% of the time
Then the only problem I have is she lays either right up against or on my legs, so I lay there for about a half hour wanting to roll over but not disturb her

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My boys come to bed and stay there, all night long. Rowdy will start out in bed but, at around 3 a.m., she feels the need to get into my closet. This entails scratching at the sliding doors and rattling them in their tracks. Needless, to say, I am NOT amused!. I keep several throw pillows on my bed and lob them across the room. They hit the closet doors and Rowdy immediately ceases and desists.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a closet with the sliding doors too although ours doesn't have tracks, there are two crappy plastic stoppers on both sides of the door that keep them from swing back and forth. Well they don't really work that well and Reeses can just push her way in. I eventually gave up, leave the doors open all the time, and I cleared some stuff off the shelves in there and she can climb all she wants. We kept them shut since she got spayed so she wouldn't hurt herself. It's been 6 days and I finally said f-it, she's doing good, and let her back in. Here is a picture of her on the top shelf about 5" from the ceiling.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

We have a closet with the sliding doors too although ours doesn't have tracks, there are two crappy plastic stoppers on both sides of the door that keep them from swing back and forth. Well they don't really work that well and Reeses can just push her way in. I eventually gave up, leave the doors open all the time, and I cleared some stuff off the shelves in there and she can climb all she wants. We kept them shut since she got spayed so she wouldn't hurt herself. It's been 6 days and I finally said f-it, she's doing good, and let her back in. Here is a picture of her on the top shelf about 5" from the ceiling.

At least she wasn't playing tarzan from your silk dress like mine were last night

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by DixieDarlin256

At least she wasn't playing tarzan from your silk dress like mine were last night
...Well I don't wear a dress as a guy. Not that there's anything WRONG with that

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My kitty Bandit used to play the piano at night, and only at night. (We put the piano in storage to have more space). I think she misses it, though. I feel really bad that we took away her creative outlet. She looks so forlorn now...
When she first began, she played very random tunes. Towards the end at our old house, she had figured out how to walk on it so no keys were pressed twice. It almost sounded like a scale. I'm convinced she did it on purpose... who knows, we may have gotten a kitty Mozart if we kept the piano out! Now, she just cries at night, carrying her cow slipper. She's a little cuckoo, I think.

Our other cats sleep with us, except Ziggy. Sometimes we wake up with him trying to find nipples on the backs of our legs. His whiskers aren't very soft and his tongue is very tickly.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Godiva

My kitty Bandit used to play the piano at night, and only at night. (We put the piano in storage to have more space). I think she misses it, though. I feel really bad that we took away her creative outlet. She looks so forlorn now...
When she first began, she played very random tunes. Towards the end at our old house, she had figured out how to walk on it so no keys were pressed twice. It almost sounded like a scale. I'm convinced she did it on purpose... who knows, we may have gotten a kitty Mozart if we kept the piano out! Now, she just cries at night, carrying her cow slipper. She's a little cuckoo, I think.
Maybe get her a keyboard for Christmas.

Oh, and have a look at this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Elephant_Orchestra

I actually have the cd. You could be right about her missing her creative outlet.

wildflower79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't had a decent night's sleep in probably 4 months.
Gizmo wakes me up at 3 am everyday. And that's just the beginning. His late night/early morning crazies start and it seems like it goes on forever. He gets into everything on my desk. I have make sure I have no papers laying around otherwise he'll start chewing on them. If there is anything on my desk that he can bat around he'll find it. He also likes jumping on my tv and the table behind my bed. And the thing about that table is he could easily jump on it from the ground but NO he has to jump on my bed instead, then jump over my head to get up there.

I've tried closing my bedroom door but then he'll end up outside my door scratching and meowing, scatching and meowing and well a girl can only take so much so now I just leave it open.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout has nighttime crazies too..she is up on the bed, up on the window sill, in the garbage, tearing around the house...and its not like she is quiet so I can sleep...
Oh, and of course she bites my appendages too!