My sister got a kitten.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I posted about this sister before. I posted a pic of her other cat I know. His name is Grumpy cat (named by my 2 yr old niece). Hes outdoor only.
Well she fell in love with a kitten at a local petstore yesterday. She called me up very excited saying Ron said I can get it tomorow. The girls are so excited. Shes one of those people who get tired of their pets and get rid of them any time theres any problem with them at all. Well I tried to talk her into going to the shelter with me after work. If she was set on getting a kitten I figured might as well rescue one and if she decided to say bye bye to it later I could find it a home. WELL on my way to the vets (2 hr trip 1 way) she calls my cell saying GUESS WHAT! I WENT AHEAD AND GOT THE KITTEN!
She goes onto tell me she got a great "deal" the kitten is 8 weeks old female, dewormed, first shots and a free vet visit. I'm really ****** at her. Why would she go out and buy from a petstore when she sees how many kittens come threw my house as foster. How in the world can she not see that there are tons of cats/kittens out there that needs homes.
I asked er when she was getting the kitten spayed. Her response was on (BIL) wants the girls to experience life so we are lettting her have a litter of kittens.
She was keeping the kitten outside but I convinced her and Ron for the time being at least to keep the poor kitten inside. So after I got back in town I went to see the kitten. Its very cute and sweet. But they told her it will stay the color she is. Well sorry to break it to her but that kitten is turning BLACK. Bagheera was the exact same brown/black mix at that age. She reminds me alot of him.
How can we come from the same family? I hate to think of whats gonna happen to this kitten. I got some pics but I lost my camera somewhere when I got home.
So I will post them whenever I find the camera. I just had to vent. Oh BTW Her name is Chocolate.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is just aweful!!!!! She needs a good
with Susie's hammer!
That poor kitten. Is there any way possible you can convence her to have the poor thing spayed? Maybe show her some online sites about overpopulations...etc. She should really know better! Uhhhhh it makes me furious when people do stuff like that.....
She wants it to "experience life?" Well...maybe you could explaine to her that the only thing that kitty and her future offspring will experience if she does not get spayed is euthanazia or death
Pet stores should NEVER be allowed to sell cats/dogs...let alone not spayed/netuered...what is wrong with people.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My goodness I would agree, I would think that she would have had to keep one for her or find one. Don't you just wonder what makes people do that when they know how important the animals are to someone like you, I know you don't foster for pats on your back It's for the Love of the Cats that says volumes right there. I'm sorry that she did that to you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

That is just aweful!!!!! She needs a good
with Susie's hammer!
That poor kitten. Is there any way possible you can convence her to have the poor thing spayed? Maybe show her some online sites about overpopulations...etc. She should really know better! Uhhhhh it makes me furious when people do stuff like that.....
She wants it to "experience life?" Well...maybe you could explaine to her that the only thing that kitty and her future offspring will experience if she does not get spayed is euthanazia or death
Pet stores should NEVER be allowed to sell cats/dogs...let alone not spayed/netuered...what is wrong with people.
I'm printing up inf as type this. I dont know how many times Ive cried to her about all my foster babies and ones I cant help. And Bagheera. She acted like she finally got it. But aparently she hasnt. .
She's had hmm Sweetie Pie (I ended up with her), Nina, Elmo, Precious and Grumpy Cat. So out of 5 shes only kept 1 more then a year on her own. Shes had Grumpy Cat about a year and a half. Sweetie was her cat when she lived at home with my parents. When she got married she went with her for about 3 months. Then I reclaimed her and she lived out the rest of her life with my family and then with me and Stan. Nina was a stray that was pregnant. She had 5 kittens one of which was Elmo. Well she decided that Nina wasnt "cute" enough. So she fiund her a home and kept Elmo. When he was 4 months old she got rid of him because he had behaveriol issues because she didnt correct bad behavior.
Then she got Precious. She adopted her from Petsmart. When she found out she was pregnant with my niece Katelyn she got rid of her. Grumpy Cat is I think the longest shes ever had a cat and hes outside. He doesnt cause them trouble. He just wanders around and comes to eat twice a day. I thought she finally got the idea that there were tons of babies out there looking for homes.
Originally Posted by halfpint

My goodness I would agree, I would think that she would have had to keep one for her or find one. Don't you just wonder what makes people do that when they know how important the animals are to someone like you, I know you don't foster for pats on your back It's for the Love of the Cats that says volumes right there. I'm sorry that she did that to you.
I dont think they think. I know my sister is very selfish and doesnt think before she does/says anything. She just said you know I SAVED HER! She probably would have stayed there forever cause she wasnt the cutest kitten there.
Shes stupid.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That makes me so sad to hear about all of the animals she's given up because of such irresponsible isssues. An animal is a lifetime commitment...and nobody should ever adopt one if they are not willing to make that type of committment

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

That makes me so sad to hear about all of the animals she's given up because of such irresponsible isssues. An animal is a lifetime commitment...and nobody should ever adopt one if they are not willing to make that type of committment
Yeah I know. Hard tobelieve we come from the same family isnt it? Im really mad at her right now. I still cant find my camera. Im such a blonde at heart.
But heres a pic I found of Grumpy Cat.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is this the same dip that just bought a 12 year old dog and abandoned it the first day she took it to your place?

If so there is something seriously wrong with that girl and it's not just immaturity. There are some mental or psychological issues going on and I hope to God that she never has a baby

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

Is this the same dip that just bought a 12 year old dog and abandoned it the first day she took it to your place?

If so there is something seriously wrong with that girl and it's not just immaturity. There are some mental or psychological issues going on and I hope to God that she never has a baby
No thats Johns sister Sarah. The one who got the kitten is my sister Katy. She already has 2 kids. Katelyn 5 and Emily 3. I guess we all have at least onen of those in each family.

Speaking of Peanuts though he's going to his new home tomorow. I found him the perfect home with a quite couple (they are 60 and 55) who have 6 cats that are dog friendly and all adopted as seniors.
So that at least has a good ending. Oh I forgot to tell you guys something very funny. I feel very stupid thinking it. You remember the "tumor" I thought he had well it turns out he wasnt neutered after all. It was his one and only ball.
I felt very stupid when my vet said honey thats not a tumor.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor Amber. I bet you about cracked up when the vet told you that!

Good to hear Peanuts is getting a good home.

You and John need to put your sisters together in a room and lecture them for about a week.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think maybe you just need to whack both your sisters on the head!

Seriously.....is there any way you can tell your sister that it is likely that if this kitten has kittens they will all die horrible deaths? Scare her into thinking they will all die horribly, or anything?

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People like that drive me up the wall.

I know a woman who, in the 18 months I have known her has: given away an adult West Highland terrier, and replaced it with a Staffordshire puppy. The staffie bit someone (the person bitten was separating it play-fighting with a bigger dog, it wasn't like the puppy went for him), so the staffie pup went, and was replaced by a Shi Tzu. Very sweet dog which is still there, but she now has her eye on some Yorkshire terrier puppies, so I can't say for how long. Add into this mix a cat which she says is Siamese but it has medium length bristly hair and a flattish face, and she wants to breed from it because the kittens 'will be worth thousands of pounds' - thankfully she hasn't been able to find anyone willing to provide a stud. The cat's very cute, but it is the tiniest thing I have ever seen, like a dwarfed cat (imagine the size of a 4 month old), and I don't imagine that it could deliver kittens naturally anyway.

kittylover13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
oooooooo ur sister makes me mad!!!!!! all of our cats r rescue cats even the 1 from petsmat (the people there didnt take care of her correctly. she was miserable!) aarrrgggghhh! u wont believe how many poor kitties have 2 take the "long walk" because of people like her!!!! (forgive me i m really pumped right now about that) ur sister needs 2 keep all the cats she gets whether she "tires" of them or not. maybe she shouldnt even have pets. or maybe she should go 2 a pet counseler!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Poor Amber. I bet you about cracked up when the vet told you that!

Good to hear Peanuts is getting a good home.

You and John need to put your sisters together in a room and lecture them for about a week.
I did laugh so hard. I guess you can tell Im not used to intact boys.

He seems to be very happy in his new home. They love him to pieces already. And the cats didnt seem to mind him at all. That sounds like a good idea. Hmm how can I get them together....
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I think maybe you just need to whack both your sisters on the head!

Seriously.....is there any way you can tell your sister that it is likely that if this kitten has kittens they will all die horrible deaths? Scare her into thinking they will all die horribly, or anything?
Well she is reading the articles I gave her. Hopefully it will knock some sence into her head. I also told her how expensive it is to feed take care of a whole litter plus mama. And that she probably doesnt want the girls to see the kitten die or any of her babies. That will show them how life works.
Originally Posted by kittylover13

oooooooo ur sister makes me mad!!!!!! all of our cats r rescue cats even the 1 from petsmat (the people there didnt take care of her correctly. she was miserable!) aarrrgggghhh! u wont believe how many poor kitties have 2 take the "long walk" because of people like her!!!! (forgive me i m really pumped right now about that) ur sister needs 2 keep all the cats she gets whether she "tires" of them or not. maybe she shouldnt even have pets. or maybe she should go 2 a pet counseler!
Yeah she annoys me too. I feel the same way you do.

Here are some pics of her.

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 4crazycats

... I also told her how expensive it is to feed take care of a whole litter plus mama....
I found recently what looks to be a very good website by a breeder here in the UK where she was doing a diary showing what she spent on food, vets bills etc. up to and during the queen's pregnancy and nursing. She'd put the information up to discourage people from thinking that they could make money breeding cats. (All her kittens go on the non-active register except for the occasional one to experienced breeders known personally to her). I am off to bed now, but I will try to find it tomorrow.