Update on Nazumi

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he came threw his surgery ok. He had the surgery at 9 this morning. The vet said it took alot more anesthisia to put/keep him under then they like to use. He had some trouble coming off of it too. Last I heard at 7 PM was he was still really out of it. Couldnt walk but was begging to be petted and loved on. Wouldnt keep his mouth shut.
They are sure he will be %100 by morning. They are calling at 7:30 and I will update more then. Tomorow he gets to have another ultrasound and something else. I cant remember what they said it was. But so far hes doing ok. He hated the drive because I wouldnt let him wander around the car. He was in a big crate with a litterbox the whole drive. I dread driving back up there and then back. And then Thursday I have to wait around to get the call that hes ok to be picked up. Hopefully he gets to come home then and not have to wait till Friday. Can I please get some good vibes for my boy. The surgery was very hard on him.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lots of vibes comming your way for your sweet little kitty!!! ((vibes))

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
{{{}}} vibes for you and the new boy Zumi. The worst part is over, now he can come home and have a great time with you and John and the rest of the family.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Man, how could the surgery have not been hard on him? I'll be sending tons of {{{{vibes}}}} for such a special little man!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. Nazumi is doing very well. His new ultrasound showed he had 2 wholes in his ok cant remember what its called. One was just 3 Centimeters. The other was about the size of a nickel. They are going to be putting him on meds tomorow and he gets to come home Friday!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

So does that mean his heart problems are NOT as bad as they thought, Amber???? I HOPE I HOPE....
No that actually means they are worse then they thought. The initial thought was one small whole. But the bigger whole aparently is in a not so good place. It was some weird name. I never new there were so many parts to a heart! He was spouting off stuff so fast I couldnt really understand. But he still has a good prognosis. I got a call today from the shelter I rescued him from saying that they gave me the wrong adoption papers and that hes one of the 6 month olds not the 9 month olds. Which also means he isnt a Aby mix but a Bengal mixed with something. Maybe Aby but probably some stray DSH. Which means hes 13 lbs (yep he grew again!) and only 6 months old. When I told the vet up there that he was like yep your gonna have a monster on your hands. He's already twice as big as Bagheera was. Also twice as big and Annie and Kitten. Hes also much bigger then Lily. Hes a MUTANT! They said he should average out to around 17-20 lbs. :shock: Anyways. They said he should be able to live a normal life as long as he stays on the meds they are putting him on.

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just looking at Nazumis first few pics we had of him and what he looks like now. Its been 2 weeks and hes so much healthier looking!
9 1/2 lbs

12 lbs (now 13 lbs)

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That last pic is just so precious!!!!! and I am happy that med can handle his issues - thanks for being such a good mom...

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I hate to hear his problems are worse than they thought, but the prognosis is GREAT!
Give him a big old headbutt from our fluffalorium and tell him to grow up big and strong. Sounds like he has the BIG part figured out already!

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by neetanddave

Well, I hate to hear his problems are worse than they thought, but the prognosis is GREAT!
Give him a big old headbutt from our fluffalorium and tell him to grow up big and strong. Sounds like he has the BIG part figured out already!
Yep it sounds like hes going to be just fine. Hes on his meds now. Hes on Cardizem which reduces the heart rate and relaxes the heart muscle. And Enacard which reduces blood pressure. They said hes doing very well and I get to pick him up at 10 am tomorow. He does definatly got the big down. LOL So I will be heading out at around 7:30 to get there on time. I cant wait to see him! I wish my vet had told me about this vet sooner. When I had Bagheera maybe he could have done more for him.