Aww! Poor baby!
I'm so sorry for your loss.
How old was he?
Was this is first bath?
If not, did you change shampoos?
He might have had a severe allergic reaction to the shampoo or possibly ingested some of the soap....
RIP sweet baby
I am so sorry for you loss. It seems much harder when it is so sudden and unexpected. On the other side though, you didn't have to watch him suffer or make a decision to put him to sleep. So there is a bright side to everything even though we don't always see it. Hugs to you and may your wonderful memories comfort you.
Condolences on your sudden loss of Chuck. It could have been a stroke, but definitely look into possible causes, such as ingesting a toxic shampoo, as you don't want your future kitties put at risk. Send some purrs down from Heaven, Chuck, and direct a new kitten to your home which misses you very much.