TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › The aftermath...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The aftermath...

post #1 of 29
Thread Starter 
I thought the boys would like having the Christmas tree up... today I found out how they REALLY feel about it.

I walk into the apartment and looked down to take off my shoes.....




I walked into the bedroom to change into PJ's....



I walked into the living room to this....





Are we idiots for trying to have a tree with a kitty like 8-Bit?
post #2 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
I thought the boys would like having the Christmas tree up... today I found out how they REALLY feel about it.

I walk into the apartment and looked down to take off my shoes.....




I walked into the bedroom to change into PJ's....



I walked into the living room to this....





Are we idiots for trying to have a tree with a kitty like 8-Bit?
I think I'd stop short of the word "idiot" -- "over-optimistic", perhaps??
post #3 of 29
I'd try superglue.
post #4 of 29
You just didn't do a good job of decorating my dear, that's all. He wanted to knock it down and destroy it to give you a clean pallette. That's all momma! Lol.
post #5 of 29
Ladies and gentlemen, please. As you can see here, we have a masterful piece of artwork here.

Where is your sense of culture?

Look at how wonderfully the tree is tipped in just the right position, so that the bottom part of it is pointing to the rather quaint little scenery.

I am surprised at you all. Save these pictures, someday they may be worth a fortune.

(Tammy-Timmy, don't you DARE get any ideas.)
post #6 of 29
Thread Starter 
I just found another ornament in the litter box!!!!
post #7 of 29
Bad boy! / hehe, you're not an idiot heather, you just need something to help you secure the tree to keep them from knocking it over. What you need to do is anchor the base of the tree to the wall (it can be done so that it's very unnoticable) They won't be able to pull the tree from the wall this way. Also, the ornaments can be anchored to the branches of the tree with floral wire (in your local garden/hobby store - less than $1.00 for a pack - take wire cutters and cut the wire in 1/2 then wrap it around the ornament and then secure the ornament to the tree- it is much harder for a kitty to get off of a tree than the ornaments hung by regular ornament hooks are)
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
I just found another ornament in the litter box!!!!
Well, perhaps that one shouldn't go back up.
post #9 of 29
First let me say that Chester is not allowed to view this site. He is very well behaved and I don't want him to get any ideas.

Cats are like kids in fur! You need to nail it down and tie it to the wall.

One year my mother put the tree in a play pen. The boys had devoted so much time to escaping she thought it was the last place they would want to go. In later years she would tie it to the wall to keep in from being pulled over. To this day she still has a hook in the wall in the corner where the tree always stood.
post #10 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satai View Post
Well, perhaps that one shouldn't go back up.
It was a Hello Kitty one too!!!!!!!

I'm going to get some weights put them on the bottom of the tree, I'm also going to use the foil wire idea to make sure the boys can get any more of them.
post #11 of 29
I've done well with my cats fortunately. Though my mom said I pulled down the Christmas tree one year when I was about 3. I was sitting in the high chair, reached over and pulled it down on the table.

Heather, we were overdue for some 8-bit stories (or was it Scratch? you have said he is getting braver).
post #12 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by katachtig View Post
I've done well with my cats fortunately. Though my mom said I pulled down the Christmas tree one year when I was about 3. I was sitting in the high chair, reached over and pulled it down on the table.

Heather, we were overdue for some 8-bit stories (or was it Scratch? you have said he is getting braver).
I think that he was stock piling his antics for right around the holidays. He somehow KNOWS we are going to have three dinner parties in the next three weeks, one including my MIL; they have a mutual dislike for one another. I am bracing myself for something really good.
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
I think that he was stock piling his antics for right around the holidays. He somehow KNOWS we are going to have three dinner parties in the next three weeks, one including my MIL; they have a mutual dislike for one another. I am bracing myself for something really good.
I am greatful today.... The cat brat gang is too drugged up to worry about the Christmas Tree
post #14 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
I just found another ornament in the litter box!!!!
LOL
post #15 of 29
I love how they knocked the tree off and scattered the ornaments around the apartment but left the village as is.

And I'm sorry about your Hello Kitty ornament. Maybe it should be deposited in a nice sink full of soapy water...
post #16 of 29
Heather are u sure you didn't leave the window open and the wind blew it over???
post #17 of 29
What a sight to come home to. Im with the wind theory.
post #18 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella713 View Post
Heather are u sure you didn't leave the window open and the wind blew it over???
LOL! I think 8-Bit would like that to be true!
post #19 of 29
I wouldn't say you are "idiots"....maybe....idealistic..

I know better than to have a tree with Trout...there is no way it would last an hour..
post #20 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
It was a Hello Kitty one too!!!!!!!

I'm going to get some weights put them on the bottom of the tree, I'm also going to use the foil wire idea to make sure the boys can get any more of them.
The Hello Kitty one was targeted specifically? This could be revenge for the fridge.
post #21 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satai View Post
The Hello Kitty one was targeted specifically? This could be revenge for the fridge.
I never though of it that way, but you are right. For some reason I think that 8-Bit understands every word I'm saying.
post #22 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingglass View Post
I never though of it that way, but you are right. For some reason I think that 8-Bit understands every word I'm saying.
I know what you mean. Bobby is like that too.
post #23 of 29
I think it's cute that your tree is so little! We always get the big frasier fir(real) trees...ours is 10' this year. I'm sure 8-Bit would have a hayday undecorating & climibing that!
post #24 of 29
Oh Heather.....that's too funny! Yes, 8-Bit shouldn't be denied a tree.......is there proof that he did it?
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever View Post
Oh Heather.....that's too funny! Yes, 8-Bit shouldn't be denied a tree.......is there proof that he did it?
Yeah, for all we know Scrach could have helped too We all blame poor 8-bit- he's probably innocent
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel47 View Post
I think I'd stop short of the word "idiot" -- "over-optimistic", perhaps??
i think he did a very nice job, concentrating on knocking over only unbreakable items. the village is ceramic, right?
post #27 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR View Post
Yeah, for all we know Scrach could have helped too We all blame poor 8-bit- he's probably innocent
Scratch is terrified of the tree, so he doesn't go near it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by laureen227 View Post
i think he did a very nice job, concentrating on knocking over only unbreakable items. the village is ceramic, right?
Very true... I should be looking at this as the glass half full.
post #28 of 29
It was the gnomes!
post #29 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemlady View Post
It was the gnomes!
I was waiting for you Jan! You are right it could have been Lonnie the Gnome who lives under my bed. You just never know.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: The Cat Lounge
TheCatSite.com › Forums › General Forums › The Cat Lounge › The aftermath...