The aftermath...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought the boys would like having the Christmas tree up... today I found out how they REALLY feel about it.

I walk into the apartment and looked down to take off my shoes.....

I walked into the bedroom to change into PJ's....

I walked into the living room to this....

Are we idiots for trying to have a tree with a kitty like 8-Bit?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I thought the boys would like having the Christmas tree up... today I found out how they REALLY feel about it.

I walk into the apartment and looked down to take off my shoes.....

I walked into the bedroom to change into PJ's....

I walked into the living room to this....

Are we idiots for trying to have a tree with a kitty like 8-Bit?
I think I'd stop short of the word "idiot" -- "over-optimistic", perhaps??

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You just didn't do a good job of decorating my dear, that's all. He wanted to knock it down and destroy it to give you a clean pallette. That's all momma! Lol.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ladies and gentlemen, please. As you can see here, we have a masterful piece of artwork here.

Where is your sense of culture?

Look at how wonderfully the tree is tipped in just the right position, so that the bottom part of it is pointing to the rather quaint little scenery.

I am surprised at you all. Save these pictures, someday they may be worth a fortune.

(Tammy-Timmy, don't you DARE get any ideas.)

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bad boy!
/ hehe, you're not an idiot heather, you just need something to help you secure the tree to keep them from knocking it over. What you need to do is anchor the base of the tree to the wall (it can be done so that it's very unnoticable)
They won't be able to pull the tree from the wall this way. Also, the ornaments can be anchored to the branches of the tree with floral wire (in your local garden/hobby store - less than $1.00 for a pack - take wire cutters and cut the wire in 1/2 then wrap it around the ornament and then secure the ornament to the tree- it is much harder for a kitty to get off of a tree than the ornaments hung by regular ornament hooks are
)

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
First let me say that Chester is not allowed to view this site. He is very well behaved and I don't want him to get any ideas.

Cats are like kids in fur! You need to nail it down and tie it to the wall.

One year my mother put the tree in a play pen. The boys had devoted so much time to escaping she thought it was the last place they would want to go. In later years she would tie it to the wall to keep in from being pulled over. To this day she still has a hook in the wall in the corner where the tree always stood.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Well, perhaps that one shouldn't go back up.
It was a Hello Kitty one too!!!!!!!

I'm going to get some weights put them on the bottom of the tree, I'm also going to use the foil wire idea to make sure the boys can get any more of them.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I've done well with my cats fortunately. Though my mom said I pulled down the Christmas tree one year when I was about 3. I was sitting in the high chair, reached over and pulled it down on the table.

Heather, we were overdue for some 8-bit stories (or was it Scratch? you have said he is getting braver).

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katachtig

I've done well with my cats fortunately. Though my mom said I pulled down the Christmas tree one year when I was about 3. I was sitting in the high chair, reached over and pulled it down on the table.

Heather, we were overdue for some 8-bit stories (or was it Scratch? you have said he is getting braver).
I think that he was stock piling his antics for right around the holidays. He somehow KNOWS we are going to have three dinner parties in the next three weeks, one including my MIL; they have a mutual dislike for one another. I am bracing myself for something really good.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think that he was stock piling his antics for right around the holidays. He somehow KNOWS we are going to have three dinner parties in the next three weeks, one including my MIL; they have a mutual dislike for one another. I am bracing myself for something really good.
I am greatful today.... The cat brat gang is too drugged up to worry about the Christmas Tree

emily_325

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love how they knocked the tree off and scattered the ornaments around the apartment but left the village as is.

And I'm sorry about your Hello Kitty ornament. Maybe it should be deposited in a nice sink full of soapy water...

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bella713

Heather are u sure you didn't leave the window open and the wind blew it over???
LOL! I think 8-Bit would like that to be true!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't say you are "idiots"....maybe....idealistic..

I know better than to have a tree with Trout...there is no way it would last an hour..

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It was a Hello Kitty one too!!!!!!!

I'm going to get some weights put them on the bottom of the tree, I'm also going to use the foil wire idea to make sure the boys can get any more of them.
The Hello Kitty one was targeted specifically? This could be revenge for the fridge.