Can Soft Paws Hurt

3cats1dog

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Here I am again with another question. When the nail covers are applied to the cat's claws, can he still retract his claws? Won't it hurt when he tries to retract them?

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cats can still retract their claws. I noticed when I put them on my kitties, they chewed on them & walked around like they had lead feet at first. It was actually sorta funny to watch(just don't tell them I said that!). I have never noticed any instances where they hurt the cat.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As long as they are applied properly there should be no problems. My vet told me a lot of people accidentally glue the cover to the skin that the claw retracts into and that can cause infection. He looked at Phenoms and said hers were fine. Make sure you are using the right size and they aren't too big!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

As long as they are applied properly there should be no problems. My vet told me a lot of people accidentally glue the cover to the skin that the claw retracts into and that can cause infection. He looked at Phenoms and said hers were fine. Make sure you are using the right size and they aren't too big!
altho from the noises Cable & Java make when they're being applied, you'd think it was painful...