radio question of the day: 12/05/06

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. And it really ticks me off when my favourite shows are preempted by sporting events. *shakes fist at the World Series for preempting House*

I enjoy sports when I'm participating in them, but the times when this occurs are few and far between -- I'm not particularly athletic and neither are my friends. I don't enjoy watching sports on television; I have nothing invested in them. The only aspect of televised sporting events that I do enjoy is the sociological aspect. Only in football can a grown man wear tights, make-up and shoulderpads, pat other men on the butt, and scrabble on the ground with a bunch of similarly-clad men and not have his manliness be called into question.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really, I like to watch some of the olympics once in awhile. First Hubby & I used to Raise and Run Throughbred and Quater Horses, I loved the horses, but wasn't a big fan of the races

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not really. But DH is an avid sports fan, so I end up watching more of them than I'd like.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a sports fan! We faithfully watch NASCAR, NHL and NFL. We used to love watching Aussie Football League games on Fox Soccer, but they lost their license to cover that so we can't watch that anymore.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, living in Race Country we have to love NASCAR, and I get to meet a lot of the folks in my work environment. I love most sports except: NBA (too much $$$), golf (BORING), bowling (UGH!). Carolina Panthers fan, Boston Red Sox fan (oh GOD I have something in common with Karen
).

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love sports. My favorite is football and college football. I also love baseball, college baseball, basketball, college basketball, Hockey, Tennis, and NASCAR.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like track & field and x-country, I also like to watch swimming, soccer, and competitive cheer & dance. I couldn't care less for football or basketball though. / I do love baseball though, but don't watch it often.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
interesting question..
...let see!

sport--------------------------favourite Team

Formula 1----------------------Ferrari
Base ball----------------------Cleveland Indians
American Football--------------Cincinnati Bengals

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I used to be a die hard NASCAR fan but these days Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m not into it all that much.

Way back in the dark ages ESPN was in its infancy and they used to show all kinds of weird sports I watched lots of sports. These days I could care less.