What a deal!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As many of you know from my posts over the past couple of days, I ended up with a new foster cat over the weekend - a big, friendly, orange guy named Elliot.

Well, I now have a very strong lead on a wonderful for home this guy (it's with the couple that was going to adopt Douglas/Deacon (formerly Mickey and Monty), but didn't feel they could take on two crazy kittens because of their senior kitty with kidney issues. They feel a laidback, young adult cat, like Elliot, would be a better match and are coming to visit him this afternoon!

Here's the deal though, the wife's sister rescued two kittens last week (about 8-weeks-old), one orange, one buff colored, and was planning to just give them away for free. The wife had told her sister they'd take the orange kitten, but now they'd rather have Elliot. Since, I was feeling bad that one of the kittens was losing out on a home, I offered to help find someone else to take them. After some more discussion and learning the kittens hadn't been vet checked and that the sister was just planning to give them away for free, I offered to foster them once Elliot is adopted.

How the heck did this happen?
Will you guys please help me learn to keep my big mouth shut?
Anyway, I'll let you know how things work out and will definitely post pics when the new little houseguests arrive!

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Eileen, Your heart is just too darn big
. I have faith that you will find the perfect home for this new little kitten.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by eilcon

How the heck did this happen?
Will you guys please help me learn to keep my big mouth shut?
Anyway, I'll let you know how things work out and will definitely post pics when the new little houseguests arrive!
Definately not! We couldn't have kittens losing one of their best advocates!

Can't wait to see the new pics.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well it sounds like everything is working out great! You big mouth helps a lot of kitties find new homes! They are very thankful for your big mouth!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful Eileen, and we can't wait to see the pics of the new little ones, but I still need to see a picture of Elliot!!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
guess that empty spare room didn't last long, huh?
You do such a great job with the kitties, Eileen!! I told you Elliot would have a home for Christmas !!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eileen, if it hadn't been for your big mouth, I wouldn't have my little Ginger Cookie.
So nope, I'm certainly not going to help you keep your mouth shut!

I'm so glad Elliot looks to be getting a great home, and that these two kittens now have a good advocate in their corner.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, guys, but you're not helping here!

Seriously, please send major vibes that Elliot turns on the charm this afternoon and ends up with a home. This couple has been looking for an young, orange male for a long time (they lost their sweet boy to cancer this time last year) and it's just never worked out. I really think Elliot could be the kitty for them.

Will let you know how it goes and when the babies will be arriving.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gooooooooo Elliot! turn on that orange charm
couple headbutts, purring LOUD, rubbing against their legs should do the trick!!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Seriously, please send major vibes that Elliot turns on the charm this afternoon and ends up with a home. This couple has been looking for an young, orange male for a long time (they lost their sweet boy to cancer this time last year) and it's just never worked out. I really think Elliot could be the kitty for them.
Good vibes for the couple and for Elliot - it will be wonderful for both of them if they click.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Who wouldn't want that sweet face be their wake-up call each morning?

And Eileen, we
your big mouth...it saves soooo many kitties!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww I hope Elliot has found his home. All orange kittys I have ever met always have loads of charm

Cant wait to see the 2 new babies!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Elliot has a home!
He just totally turned on the charm for his new meowny yesterday afternoon, purring like crazy, climbing up on her lap, looking at her adoringly and letting her rub his tummy.

Since Elliot is going to be an Xmas present for his daddy (Don't worry a big, friendly orange kitty is what he asked for) Elliot is going to stay with me until Dec. 22. The kittens are going to stay with the wife's sister until then and we'll work on getting their medical done. If they haven't been adopted by then, I'll foster them. Looks like I'll be getting two more little boys!

Thanks for the adoption vibes for Elliot. Please them coming, since today's his big day at the vet. Will let you know it goes!

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great news ask her if she would like to join TCS we could always have new kitty lovers on board.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just got word that Elliot came through surgery just fine and tested negative for FeLV and FIV. That was my main concern. Headed out in a bit to pick him up, but I have to let his new meowmy know he's okay first. She's been worried all day. Imagine that!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Just got word that Elliot came through surgery just fine and tested negative for FeLV and FIV. That was my main concern. Headed out in a bit to pick him up, but I have to let his new meowmy know he's okay first. She's been worried all day. Imagine that!
That's wonderful news Eileen! Are you going to give his new meowmy the TCS address???