Please send some vibes out to the "Kims"

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure who has heard about this brave family, but I have been following this story for a while. An entire family of 4 from Oregon disappeared on their way home from a Thanksgiving holiday. They had not been seen or heard from for 9 days. Well yesterday they found the mother and her 2 children!! All healthy and ok.
The mother kept her children alive for 9 days in their car by breastfeeding both girls (7months and 4years). It brings tears to my eyes thinking of the ordeal they must have gone through. I am so happy they are ok, but the search is still on for the father. He apparently left the car they were in 2 days ago to go find help telling his wife he would be back in 5 hours if he didn't find a road. He never came back and still has not been found. They have leads on him via footprints in the snow, but please say a prayer and send out as many vibes as you can for this family in hopes that the father will be found safe and sound as well. What a happy ending that would be to this story.
My heart goes out to this family.

Here is a link to their story:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061205/...missing_family

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dave used to live in that area, he said that place is buried under snow this time of year. Hope the dad does make it out, they are sounding optimistic that he is okay still.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw this on the news today. My heart goes out to that family. I hope they find the father soon (save and alive). They mentioned that he had some outdoor experience, so maybe he will be ok.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just read that they found the father dead.........God bless him and his family.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I just read that they found the father dead.........God bless him and his family.
I just read that too.... my heart goes out to his family

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

That is so sad. That's the first that i've heard about them finding him. My heart and prayers go out to the family.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On the radio, they said they found him face down in the snow. He had been leaving a deliberate trail of shredded clothing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a terrible tragic end to this story. My heart goes out to this family in this painful time in their lives.
As some of you have already said - life can be so cruel. I think that about sums this up.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a horrible ending to this. I was very sad to hear that the father didn't make it..how awful for the family. I am sending many prayers for the mother and children.

okeefecl

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've been following this story on CNN and hoped for the best. Unfortunately, that didn't happen
My thoughts are with his wife and children tonight.

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sad to hear that he was not far from a hunting lodge that had food and a heat a source, and less than a mile from his family.