My truck was stolen

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe it. I woke up at 4:30am and let the dogs out and my truck is gone right out of my driveway

I called the police and am waiting to hear back from them. They took a copy of my title and had me sign a form.

I am so shocked I can't even speak. My truck is an old 1991 GMC Jimmy. It is starting to rust, there is a dent in the drivers door. They found the spare tire from the back dumbed on a side street. I have no idea how they even got it out. The back hatch will not open without the key. The little button on the dash to pop it has not worked in at least two years. Hell half the time the drivers door will not unlock with the fob and you have to crawl through the passenger side and unlock it.

I am going to call my insurance company soon. I am not even sure I have theift insurance. I can't view my entire policy online
and I can't find the copy I had. I must have misplaced it when we moved.

I am so upset. We only have the one car. How are we going to get to work and back?

I don't know what we are going to do. The holidays were going so good so far and then this.

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh God! That's terrible! Right out of your driveway? People have some nerve!!! I would feel so violated.
My thoughts are with you.
I'm so sorry this happened to you.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no how horrible!
Good luck with the insurance company and getting this taken care of.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am getting more upset as I sit here wondering where it is. Hell half the time I don't even lock my door to the house. I have three dogs and two are very good watch dogs.

They were snuggling with me in bed all night since Greg started working third shift. They never heard anything.

I am still in shock. I can't believe it. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before.

I have called the insurance company and filed a claim. A claim officer should be calling me within 24 hours. I am going to call my regular agent as soon as his office opens so I can get more information on what my policy covers. I just hope I can at least get a rental for a couple days.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this! lots of vibes that you can get this taken care of quickly {{{{{{}}}}}}

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

asecretk

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks you all for the vibes. I hear cars going up and down the street and I keep thinking it is my truck coming back to me

I keep feeling she is lost rather than stolen.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OHmy, what part of Ohio are you in? We have to park Jerry's truck outside because our garage is just a one car, so we always think that someone might steal it. I would be soooooooooooooooooooo mad!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AsecretK

Thanks you all for the vibes. I hear cars going up and down the street and I keep thinking it is my truck coming back to me

I keep feeling she is lost rather than stolen.
Oh, I'm so sorry.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG! I would be so mad too!
My mom lives in Ohio, Bowling green, or portage? something like that, (she used to live in Swanton) is that near you? I hope she keeps her van all locked up, they keep their boat in the garage, so their cars are out in the drive way, I think.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I remember when my car was taken off the street, I just kept going back to look, thinking I must have mislaid it! It is a horrible, horrible feeling, and I really sympathise. I hope the insurance help out OK.

kaylacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry that this has happened to you.
What goes around comes around and they will get theirs.

sophiec

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awwww Tina.....I'm so sorry to hear that. That is just not right. Doesn't that just make you so mad?!!! Last Saturday, I discovered that my air compressor was stolen out of my garage. I know that's nothing compared to your vehicle being stolen. The thing about mine though.....is that they did it while I was there...because my garage wasn't broken into. I was either in the house or in the back yard working.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no I'm sorry! I hope that your insurance company will cover a rental until your car can be covered or replaced.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 1991 Crysler Dynasty was stolen in April. I am now told it is a popular car to steal because it has no antitheft system and it is easy to start with a screwdriver.
I felt so violated and scared It was my first car, the car I got from my grandmothers estate and was kinda sentimental.
They found it but unfortunately it would cost 5000.00 to fix it and it was only worth 600.00 so I had to buy a new car.

It is really crappy that it happened so close to christmas, you might consider getting one of those "The Club" for your steering wheel. I was like you I thought Rust was enough of a theft deturrant, but not for joy riders I guess.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any word yet from the police? I hope someone didn't take it to strip it and leave it!