Sleepwalking....

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
DH caught me sleepwalking this weekend! He's told me a few times that I've sat up in bed and mumbled something, then flopped back down. But this time it was more!

He said I sat up in bed and was making this noise. Then I got out and walked over to the wall and was doing something with my hand and arm and going (I'll try to get the sound across here) thchttt, thchttt, thchttt! I was like shaking my arm and twisting my hand. He said he finally asked me what was wrong and I said 'Nothin, my arms asleep.' and got back in bed. I vaguely remember being out of bed. But I have no clue exactly what made me do that! My best guess is I was shooing the cats from the Christmas tree!

So does anyone else have some funny stories? Oh and whats the deal with how your not supposed to wake people up while sleepwalking?

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I always talk in my sleep regularily...I do things in my sleep too..I don't walk pre se..but...

One time I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut up the mini blind in my bedroom, I was thoroughly freaked out in the morning when I realized what I had done when I saw my blinds were all shredded up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

I always talk in my sleep regularily...I do things in my sleep too..I don't walk pre se..but...

One time I grabbed a pair of scissors and cut up the mini blind in my bedroom, I was thoroughly freaked out in the morning when I realized what I had done when I saw my blinds were all shredded up
Oh gosh! Your dangerous! Just don't give yourself a haircut!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

You are a freak!
Seriously though Natalie- i hope you hide the scissors from yourself at night

Humm...lets see, i only have one sleep walking story that i can think of. A few years ago, my aunt had just had surgery and was living with my mom and I in our duplex for a while. I have a tiny duplex, so she was sleeping on an air mattress in the living room. One night she said i walked in the living room completly asleep, picked up the phone and just started talking to it. She said she walked over to me and realized that i was just being a weirdo and sleep walking

sanctie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, Natalie, you should wear a straightjacket to bed sweetie, lol.

Erm, I usually don't sleep walk but about a month or so ago I was really really sick with bacterial tonsilitis and was running extraordinarily high fevers, I was quite delusional. I fell into a fitful sweating sleep and when I woke up I had a piece of yellow paper crumbled up in my right hand with a pencil in my left hand. It had a weird message on it written sloppily, it was my left handwriting, and I am a pretty dominant righty. It was really weird. I will tell you what the paper said if ya'll promise not to laugh, lol...I kept it because it was so weird...
"I know you think it's just because I'm sick and crazy, but I want to dance with you. I want to dance with you and kiss you and tell you a secret. You should hold my hand and tell me a story. Can you hold a cereal spoon on your nose? Only then would I wear your sweater. What are your thoughts on pain? The Rain? Death? Don't you think it's absolutely exquisite?! The rain that is, not death silly, I'm not that morbid. But about death, please don't tell me you're actually considering it?"

Yes I know, I'm a lunatic. Think how freaked out I was waking up to that with no recollection and written with my left hand.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sanctie

Erm, I usually don't sleep walk but about a month or so ago I was really really sick with bacterial tonsilitis and was running extraordinarily high fevers, I was quite delusional. I fell into a fitful sweating sleep and when I woke up I had a piece of yellow paper crumbled up in my right hand with a pencil in my left hand. It had a weird message on it written sloppily, it was my left handwriting, and I am a pretty dominant righty. It was really weird. I will tell you what the paper said if ya'll promise not to laugh, lol...I kept it because it was so weird...
"I know you think it's just because I'm sick and crazy, but I want to dance with you. I want to dance with you and kiss you and tell you a secret. You should hold my hand and tell me a story. Can you hold a cereal spoon on your nose? Only then would I wear your sweater. What are your thoughts on pain? The Rain? Death? Don't you think it's absolutely exquisite?! The rain that is, not death silly, I'm not that morbid. But about death, please don't tell me you're actually considering it?"

Yes I know, I'm a lunatic. Think how freaked out I was waking up to that with no recollection and written with my left hand.
wow...between you and natalie, i must admit, i'm a little freaked out

maddensmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sanctie...I know you asked us not to laugh...but I can't help it!
That's awesome. Maybe you'll write a novel!!

DH and I both talk in our sleep...a lot. But I am the one that tends to walk and do things in my sleep. When we were in the process of buying our house, we stayed with his sister for about a week. One morning she says "yall were up really late last night huh?" and we were like no we went to bed really early. She said she got up around 5:30 and could hear us having full conversations in our sleep.

When I was a kid my mom put chain locks high enough on the doors that I couldn't reach them b/c I would go outside in my sleep and we lived next to a railroad and a highway. One night when I was about 7 she found me on the couch eating oreos!

Just recently I taunted DH like I was in kindergarten. He said I poked him and made fun of him and called him names for so long he went and slept in the spare room.
I don't remember a thing!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by maddensmom

Sanctie...I know you asked us not to laugh...but I can't help it!
That's awesome. Maybe you'll write a novel!!

DH and I both talk in our sleep...a lot. But I am the one that tends to walk and do things in my sleep. When we were in the process of buying our house, we stayed with his sister for about a week. One morning she says "yall were up really late last night huh?" and we were like no we went to bed really early. She said she got up around 5:30 and could hear us having full conversations in our sleep.

When I was a kid my mom put chain locks high enough on the doors that I couldn't reach them b/c I would go outside in my sleep and we lived next to a railroad and a highway. One night when I was about 7 she found me on the couch eating oreos!

Just recently I taunted DH like I was in kindergarten. He said I poked him and made fun of him and called him names for so long he went and slept in the spare room.
I don't remember a thing!!
That is too funny

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always talked or groaned in my sleep. When I was in Jr High, I went to the beach with my girl scout group. There were 10-20 girls asleep on the floor in sleeping bags, me included. From what I was told, I started talking really loud, waking almost everyone up. That same weekend, one of the girls got up to go to the bathroom and stepped on me. She told me later that she had apologised to me and I said. "That's OK, you can step on me anytime!" I do NOT remember this at all!!!!!!

Kiki

neetanddave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

You are a freak!

I have been telling her she is a freak for sometime now. Maybe she'll listen to you guys....

No sleepwalking for me, but Dave used to take his fist and hammer my back when he was doing carpentry work for a living years ago. He would be mumbling about deck boards the whole time.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh gosh! Your dangerous! Just don't give yourself a haircut!
I actually was kinda freaked out in the morning..weird thing too, I do remember crying while I was cutting up the blinds...OMG, I am a freak!!

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

You are a freak!
I no longer keep scissors in my room

Uh.....did you read what YOU did while you slept?? Your a freak too!!

Originally Posted by neetanddave

I have been telling her she is a freak for sometime now. Maybe she'll listen to you guys....
Excuse me Neet, where do you think I get my freakiness from?? YOU!!

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been known to sleepwalk when I am under a huge amount of stress. My worst episode was when I was around 8. We had just moved to Ohio, and I had been found in the bathroom for two nights in a row. My Mom decided to take the plug out of the tub just incase I decided to fill it up. I must have caught on because that night I stuffed rags down the drain and filled up the tub! I could have drowned if she didn't catch me.

Other, funnier episodes have been where Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve moved furniture in our apartment.

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I've been known to sleepwalk when I am under a huge amount of stress......
I also sleepwalk when I'm either stressed or very tired. I have so many stories I could write a book.

* When I was young I would find myself waking up because I was cold. I would then find out, at some point in the night, that I removed my sheets to a different room. One time I opened the window and had them hanging out of it. I would often have nightmares of bugs crawling in my bed so that's probably why I removed the sheets.

* My mom would find me many times in the living room watching tv in the middle of the night. Of course, I was sleepwalking and don't remember even being in the living room.

* I went to Europe for a month on a bus/camping tour. A couple of times my friend had to yell at me to get back to bed because I walked out of our cabin leaving the door open.

* Many times I have found objects placed in strange places. I would like to blame Rob, but I probably did it in my sleep.

* When I moved in with Rob, I was sleepwalking and told him to get the owl out of the furnace vent. I was trying to undo the heat register to save the owl.

* Right before I brought Nakita home, I was having many dreams of multiple cats running around the house terrorizing Nakita. Rob found me, walking room to room ( I guess I was trying to 'save' an imaginary Nakita).

I'm starting to slow down now though. I probably only have a sleepwalking episode once a month. My grandmother used to be terrified about me sleepwalking at the cottage. She really thought I was going to drown myself in the lake.

And no, I don't drink before going to bed!

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Turns out I slept walked last night... and visited TCS.

Luckily, I didn't do much mischief, but some of my posts are a little... left of centre.

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I'm totally going hunting for Satai's posts ...

I sleepwalk and sleeptalk. Once, when my sister and I shared a bedroom, my mom came upstairs and overheard us talking to each other. It was complete gibberish and we were both fast asleep, but we understood each other.

When I was little I left my parents house -- in my pjs -- and wandered the neighbourhood. I think I was found sleeping in a neighbour's yard (fortunately my parents knew everyone in our neighbourhood).

In my first year of university, when I lived in residence, I dragged a chair out from under my desk, brought it over to my bed, and climbed on it to get at some stuffed animals on a shelf over my bed. (No such shelf exists, and I didn't have stuffed animals at university.) When I woke up in the morning, the chair was still there. I'm lucky I didn't hurt myself -- I'm clumsy enough while I'm awake!

I got up to start getting ready for work and turned on the shower. The water falling on me snapped me out of it -- I was still in my nightie, and it was 3am, more than three hours before I actually had to get up to get ready for work.

I poked my then-boyfriend, now-fiance in the nose, giggled, and turned over. Actually, he has a long list of the bizarre things I do in my sleep. I'm at the point now where I ask him not to tell me, unless I do something dangerous. If he hears me get up in the middle of the night, he'll typically get up too, just in case I'm sleepwalking and about to tumble down the starts or turn on the stove (not that I've ever done either of these things, but it's a distinct possibility).

I also sometimes have night terrors. I'm arachnophobic and will dream of spiders in my room, in my bed, crawling all over me. That will bring me screaming out of bed and stripping the covers off, desperately searching for the spiders. I usually wake up when J asks me what the heck is wrong -- I very rarely wake myself up, even though I'm screaming and flailing about. I think that scares J even more than the "regular" weird stuff I do at night.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Satai

Turns out I slept walked last night... and visited TCS.

Luckily, I didn't do much mischief, but some of my posts are a little... left of centre.
hmm the toe question does come to mind

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

hmm the toe question does come to mind
Yeah, that's the only bad one, which is good, 'cause I was in some serious threads too.

I only figured it out when I went to post in the spotlight thread - then I had to "find all posts made by user".

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mirinae

Now I'm totally going hunting for Satai's posts ...
The only bad one *did* get spotted.

Originally Posted by Mirinae

I also sometimes have night terrors. I'm arachnophobic and will dream of spiders in my room, in my bed, crawling all over me. That will bring me screaming out of bed and stripping the covers off, desperately searching for the spiders. I usually wake up when J asks me what the heck is wrong -- I very rarely wake myself up, even though I'm screaming and flailing about. I think that scares J even more than the "regular" weird stuff I do at night.
I get night terrors too - not really bad ones though (BF gets awful ones, but the falling/wake up kind).

I had a really weird night terror a couple of nights ago - that I was going to step on one of the cats, and did this weird side step thing - woke both of us up. Mine are usually the falling/wake up kind too.