Virginia Beach, VA members, please.....

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky and his mom moved from Arizona about a month ago. Mom, Lucky and Lizzy the dog all made it to Virginia Beach in good shape.

However, mom was getting some blinds installed and Lucky decided he needed to check out the neighborhood. Lucky has been missing for about 4 or 5 days.

He is mostly white, with faint but distinctive light orange rings around his tail, he is declawed and neutered, and he weighs about 5 to 6 pounds or so.

Mom is a wreck. If anyone can help us find Lucky, more than one household would be eternally grateful.

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in Pennsylvania so I really can't be of any help in finding Lucky, but I sure am sending hurry home safe and sound vibes to you, your Mom and to Lucky.
I'll keep all of you in my thoughts and Prayers.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

Lucky and his mom moved from Arizona about a month ago. Mom, Lucky and Lizzy the dog all made it to Virginia Beach in good shape.

However, mom was getting some blinds installed and Lucky decided he needed to check out the neighborhood. Lucky has been missing for about 4 or 5 days.

He is mostly white, with faint but distinctive light orange rings around his tail, he is declawed and neutered, and he weighs about 5 to 6 pounds or so.

Mom is a wreck. If anyone can help us find Lucky, more than one household would be eternally grateful.
KittenKiya...I don't live in Virginia Beach..but she should contact ALL shelters and rescue groups in the area in case Lucky is accentally brought in.

Has she tried borrowing a humane trap and trying to trap him?

Best Friends Radio recently interviewed Kat Albrecht, author of The Lost Pet Chronicles, and she gave some very good advice on finding a lost cat:

Most people donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t differentiate between searching for a dog and searching for a cat, which is a huge mistake, because they are like apples and oranges. Cats are territorial, so when an indoor cat escapes outside, they feel displaced into unfamiliar territory. A displaced cat (and also an injured or sick cat) will hide and they will be silent. So walking around and calling the catâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s name doesnâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t work.

What that cat does is to look for the first place where she can hide, and she will stay there. Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve had people who have recovered their cats six weeks later, and the cat was two houses down, living under the neighborâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s house or under their deck.

Weâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve actually recovered lots of cats by treating them like ferals and setting a humane trap. These cats will sit there and watch and even listen to their person calling, but they will usually not respond.

Eventually, some of them will reach a threshold point between the seventh and tenth day where they finally do meow or they go into the humane trap, but many of them, especially the ones with skittish temperaments, just continue to hide.

As for a cat who is used to going outside, we really do advocate making your cats indoor-only. However, if an indoor/outdoor cat does go missing, it may be that theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ve been chased by a dog or beat up by another cat. They may run into an unfamiliar area, and they may hide in fear as well, or than can be transported out of the area by crawling into a car or the back of a truck.

Outdoor cats are still territorial. They donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t generally travel great distances by themselves, so theyâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]re going to be found within their territory or just beyond it. Youâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]ll want to get into your neighborâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s yard to search under their porch, under their house, and in potential areas where the cat is trapped, because, again, the behavior of an injured or sick cat is that they will crawl in or under something thatâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s familiar to them and they will hide. And again, they wonâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t answer your call.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, thank you. I will email this info to her immediately.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She says that she has done all this, and still no Lucky. Would people just please keep Lucky in mind? Thank you all so much.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How horrible, she must be beside herself. Sending Lucky come home vibes .......

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all, I feel terrible too. He was a stray that was dropped off near my office and of course, everything on four legs ends up in my lap.

I thought he was going to die. He had upper respirtory so bad I couldn't see his eyes. Annette took him to the vets that afternoon and HE didn't think Lucky would make it.

He my godcat. I am so worried.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rejoice with me!!!! Rejoice with me!!!!! Lucky Landi has been found !!!!!
His mother emailed me today, she found him!!!!

He is home safe and sound.

Bless all the vibes and thoughts and cares and prayers.

Thank you all.

Rejoice with me.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittenKiya

Rejoice with me!!!! Rejoice with me!!!!! Lucky Landi has been found !!!!!
His mother emailed me today, she found him!!!!

He is home safe and sound.

Bless all the vibes and thoughts and cares and prayers.

Thank you all.

Rejoice with me.
YEH!! I'm so glad Lucky Landi is home!!!

Katie

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That is WONDERFUL news!
Im sure both you are her are so THANKFUL!!

graciecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's wonderful news.

Wouldn't you have loved to have seen the look on her face when she found him?
I'm sure it was an ear to ear smile that she still can't get off of her face and lots of happy tears.
Something tells me having Lucky home safe and sound will be the best Christmas present she gets this year.