Just to add to my confusing life!!!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There's just not enough wine for this day.

I just heard from the folks that adopted Chance and they don't want him anymore.
The lady said he is way to "wild" and is jumping on everything (hello!!! He's a cat!!!) and she's worried about her $4000 television set.

So - since I don't have a car (please reference the "I hit a deer" thread for that explanation), my daughter and my X-husband just left to pick him up. Poor thing. This is the second time he's been returned to us. I feel bad for him. I told the lady that does the adoptions that if he was returned again we would keep him. So I guess that's good news for us! Another addition to our family and to us he's a perfect addition. It took us 3 months to really get use to him and his habits and we have had to adapt to him (of course not the other way around
). Guess he was just meant to be with us. My daughters are thrilled, they loved him to death and were very sad to see him go. But for me - I'm definitely thrilled, but tonite? Of all nights....
And now I'm sooooo worried about my Christmas tree because he is such a little s**t that I know for a fact it's going down at some point.
More wine....more wine.......

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry the situation and timing stinks....but i've found from experience with all of my foster kittens- that when you least expect it and when it's least convient for you is when the kitties need you the most. Sounds like that little guy is just ment to be with you and your family

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well he's back....and was out of the carrier for 30 seconds and has already had his head and paws in my tree.
Needless to say the tree will get one last night of peace because I decided it was best to give him a quiet room on his own for the night just to let him settle in. (although I'm not sure how long that's going to last because I can hear him howling from the room as I sit here and type.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
have the camera ready to snap some pictures of the new "christmas ornament kitty"

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

have the camera ready to snap some pictures of the new "christmas ornament kitty"
Somehow I don't find that as amusing as you do.....

My poor tree!

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok - now I need some advice. How good is a cats memory? I know all about "smelling" different and I can solve that with a little time or some vanilla, but he's only been gone 10 days. So:
1) will my gang remember him?
2) will he remember the gang?
3) will he remember the house?
4) most importantly - will he remember where the litter boxes are?
5) do I NEED to keep him in this "quiet" room all night? or will he be ok just letting him into the house?

I'm asking because he is crying and scratching away at the door of the room I have him in and I'm not sure I will be able to contain him all night long in there without him going nuts. Also I don't want to make things more stressful on him which being in that room might be doing.

pat locani

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

Ok - now I need some advice. How good is a cats memory? I know all about "smelling" different and I can solve that with a little time or some vanilla, but he's only been gone 10 days. So:
1) will my gang remember him?
2) will he remember the gang?
3) will he remember the house?
4) most importantly - will he remember where the litter boxes are?
5) do I NEED to keep him in this "quiet" room all night? or will he be ok just letting him into the house?

I'm asking because he is crying and scratching away at the door of the room I have him in and I'm not sure I will be able to contain him all night long in there without him going nuts. Also I don't want to make things more stressful on him which being in that room might be doing.
1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. No/Yes

Congratulations on getting him back!
Happy Holidays!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats on getting him back! He obviously knew if he was a terror that he'd get to go back to his "purr-fect" home, so he tried to be as obnoxious as possible!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've heard of people attaching a screw eyebolt to there ceiling and attaching wire from that to the tree (must look great!!)
I'll drink a glass of wine for your peace of mind!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd tie the tree up for sure. As for him mixing with the other cats, have you tried letting him socialize with them? If they aren't hissing and spitting, I'd say he would be alright. If there is tension, I would be inclined to keep him separated until you can supervise the visitations.

Do you have a stuffed animal you could give him for the night? Maybe rub it all over youself and the other kitties to get the scent on it and provide him with a cozy little place to sleep - like maybe a box with a blanket in it.

Gosh, I don't know what else to try.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The timing may not be great but I'm happy for you and Chance. He obviously belongs with you.
Good luck with your tree. I haven't had a tree in about five years.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lisasha3

The lady said he is way to "wild" and is jumping on everything (hello!!! He's a cat!!!) and she's worried about her $4000 television set.
Pffttt i'll loan her Rosie and Sophie when they have their daily game of chase then she'll know the meaning of the word wild

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Pffttt i'll loan her Rosie and Sophie when they have their daily game of chase then she'll know the meaning of the word wild
No kidding huh - if you're so worried about your massively expensive items - don't get cats. I'm sorry, but that's my solution. As much as you teach them, they still will run and they still will jump. Period. They teach you - we don't teach them. I only buy cheap things now.

Originally Posted by LokisMum

Vats of wine coming your way!
Originally Posted by GailC

I've heard of people attaching a screw eyebolt to there ceiling and attaching wire from that to the tree (must look great!!)
I'll drink a glass of wine for your peace of mind!!
Thanks for all the wine guys!! I think I drank it all last night

Originally Posted by Phat Locani

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. No/Yes
Congratulations on getting him back!
Happy Holidays!
Thanks for your advice. You were 100% right. He waltzed right out of that room like he owned the place. I did bring him right to the litter boxes in the cellar just to make sure. The boxes are in a closed room of their own and I had cut a cat hole in the wall around the corner for them to go in and out. He went right to the hole and back out so he definitely remembered where he was.

Originally Posted by white cat lover

Congrats on getting him back! He obviously knew if he was a terror that he'd get to go back to his "purr-fect" home, so he tried to be as obnoxious as possible!
You are very correct on this note cause they said he was a terror and this sweet little guy was soooooooo good all night last night. I kept thinking he was going to be into everything and both times I checked on him he was fast asleep on my couch. What a good boy!

And I have to say - we are all very very happy he is back. We love him dearly and shouldn't have let him go this last time. Broke our hearts. Guess I gotta add another stocking to my mantle!!
(and add out little man to my siggy
don't know how to do that.)

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds as if he's back where he was meant to be

I get so angry at some people reading things like this though, really if you are that houseproud, and that attached to expensive items, why on earth would you have any animal in your house in the first place? Why would anyone think it would be a good idea to do that? Especially one who by its nature jumps and climbs. People really don't think, I mean even a hamster or a budgie can have a fine old time shredding your curtains

lisasha3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Sounds as if he's back where he was meant to be

I get so angry at some people reading things like this though, really if you are that houseproud, and that attached to expensive items, why on earth would you have any animal in your house in the first place? Why would anyone think it would be a good idea to do that? Especially one who by its nature jumps and climbs. People really don't think, I mean even a hamster or a budgie can have a fine old time shredding your curtains
My sentiments exactly. Who cares about your $4000 television. Do you even understand what you've put this poor little animal through? The trauma of bouncing back and forth? Poor thing. He's here to stay now!!!
and he can climb anything he wants (well....almost anything.
)

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sooo bad at holding back my anger when stupid people surrender pets because they are getting into things. One women surrendered a kitten she had neutered & completely declawed. He was like 6 months old. ANyways, he kept getting into her glass cabinet thing-ys & breaking her dolls. Serously? Lock the door to the cabinet! She wouldn't do that because the glass ruined the "appeal" of the dolls! Pffttttt!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

She wouldn't do that because the glass ruined the "appeal" of the dolls! Pffttttt!
Ah say, Ah say, they'd be a-peeling her off the walls when Ah finished with her.