Jack's officially a father!

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tigris Picasso's Penchant, affectionately known as Penny delivered today. Four spotted babies.
Right now they all look to be brown spotted, but we may get lucky
and one or more will actually be silver. At less than a day old it's tough to tell.

I'm very happy with the way they look. Very clear coated. Some already look to have show potential. Penny's first litter were all show quality and are already winning in the showhall.....maybe a repeat here?
I know the people on our wait list for this breeding will be very happy.

Here's a pic of her and the litter.

Penny in show form

The proud Papa

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congrats Jack and Penny! Those babies should be absolutely gorgeous!!!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Congratulations Nial, Jack and Penny
Look at those tiny spotted Bengals babes.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh they are beautiful! Will you post some more pics when they are a bit bigger? It would be neat to see how they grow up! Congratulations to the Mama and Papa!

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Oh they are beautiful! Will you post some more pics when they are a bit bigger? It would be neat to see how they grow up! Congratulations to the Mama and Papa!
Thats a great idea!!!
Have pictures every week so we get to see them develop and grow.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just look at proud Papa.

Momma & her kittens are beautiful.

Congratulations.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yippy .... Penny didnt look happy in the first pic... DOes Jack really know
lol

silentnate

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never been so serious about getting my American citizenship back than when I saw the litter...

I'd move in a second should you be delivering to Cali...

They are incredibly beautiful and I may consider putting you on ignore just out of jealousy

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute babies. Question - would the silvers have a slight cast of silver compared to the browns? The one between mom's front legs looks a bit "silver" to me - keep an eye on him/her.

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Genetics are so strange. I will never understand them. You have a brown marble mom, and a silver spotted dad and what do you get? Brown spotted babies!!!

Mom, Dad and babies are beautiful!

siameseohio

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Congratulations!!
Momma and babies look so precious. I'm excited for the weeks to come to see how they grow.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Cute babies. Question - would the silvers have a slight cast of silver compared to the browns? The one between mom's front legs looks a bit "silver" to me - keep an eye on him/her.
WOW! Mabey I am getting better at genetics and telling colors sooner, I thought the same thing! The one looks like it has a silver tint, like down his side along the ribs. But, it is so hard to get the acual color from a picture.

They are beautiful! I am so sad, I almost got one from cali, some one bought her, and decided he didn't want to breed and after speaking with the breeder she agreed to allow him to sell her to me with breeding rights and sign her over to me, last minute he decided he wasn't going to sell them
The breeder has really nice cats too, I have seen her name on this site by people, too bad, I guess I will stick with ragdolls for now, and as beautiful as I think they are, they aren't that strikingly jaw dropping cats like yours are. good luck, I hope you get a silver or two if that's what you were hopeing for

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kai bengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. we are very excited about these babies. Jacks first litter, and they've turned out great. Really makes all the effort we are putting towards his show career worthwhile.
To be honest, I'm so happy with Jack, it'd be ok if he didn't do well in shows and couldn't make nice babies...he'd be an awesome pet. Eventually we'll neuter him and he will stay with us forever.
Penny is also an awesome girl and she did really well as a kitten in the shows.
We didn't get to show her as an adult because she went into heat very early.

Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

That's a great idea, and I will do that...maybe a weekly photo thing. It's very interesting how they develope and the changes they go through.

Originally Posted by sharky

Yippy .... Penny didnt look happy in the first pic... DOes Jack really know
lol
Well, she went into labor at about 10am. I took the picture at about 5 pm, so she was still very worn out. I'm pretty sure I woke her up, coming into her room to take the picture. She's very sweet though, purring and allowing us to handle her kits without any complaint.
As for Jack really knowing....no he hasn't a clue. He resides on the second floor of the cattery. Penny is on the ground floor. Unless they have telepathy, he doesn't know.

Originally Posted by silentNate

I've never been so serious about getting my American citizenship back than when I saw the litter...

I'd move in a second should you be delivering to Cali...

They are incredibly beautiful and I may consider putting you on ignore just out of jealousy
I appreciate the comments...thank-you!

Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

This is our first silver to brown breeding. My understanding is that often the silver kittens will look like browns for the first week or maybe more.
I think in the next couple of days, we'll get a much better idea about the color.
There are a couple of kittens that have the silver sheen you mentioned, but it seems dependent on the lighting. I think it's too early to call it right now.
Rest assured I will update as I find out.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kai,

Well since we're getting a chocolate ocicat, and they come in 12 colors (with silver combinations) I've been reading/studying and trying to figure out some new genetics that I didn't have to deal with in cornish rexes

I'm getting good at telling chocolate, cinnamon, silver, chocolate silver, etc. in the ocicats - that's why the one kitten looks silver to me. Let us know what color they turn out to be....I want to see if I'm right

My ocicat breeder really only deals with the chocolates and lavendars in her cats - not the other colors, but I still look at other breeders with their colors too so I can tell the difference quicker.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, they are all simply stunning!!

I'm so jeleous of the people who will be getting to adopt these beauties!
I can't wait to see photos as they grow!

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations Nial, Teri, Penny and Jack! They already look stunning! You can tell they're gonna have good contrast when they get older. Will they go through the 'fuzzies' too? Can you tell what gender they are yet?

I must have gotten a vibe or something, because I asked about this specific breeding earlier today!

And as usual, I have to give the stunning Jack his credit. That last pic of him is amazing! (have I mentioned how much I love his eyes yet?)

GoldenKitty, I still haven't found anything new out about the silver/chocolate/golden thing, but I'm still looking (just so you know, I haven't forgotten
)

Nial, this is your first silver breeding? Do you think any of the kittens will be 'goldens'? I suppose its too early to tell. I'll be looking forward to those updates!

Tiffany