Reasons that we obviously love our cats

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So, today, I shlepped (did not carry, but rather shlepped) 2 cases of wet food home from the store, 6 blocks in the 30 degree weather with no help from my old-lady grocery cart, since Ian borrowed it and hasn't given it back yet.

A lesser cat owner would have simply gone to the little market at the end of the block and picked up some friskies to eep the cats until the grocery cart situation or weather improved, but no. My cats want their organic pheasant, so organic pheasant they shall have

THen, as I was putting said cases of cat food away on the "cat shelf" (they have their very own and very large shelf in my closet), I realized that I have no less than 4 different kinds of catnip, and only one cat who even responds to catnip!

Oh geez. I obviously love my cats.

So what do you do that shows you obviously love your cats???

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I take anti-inflammatory pills for my shoulder that is wrecked because I didn't want to move (for many many nights) and disturb Bijou while he was comfortable.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

So, today, I shlepped (did not carry, but rather shlepped) 2 cases of wet food home from the store, 6 blocks in the 30 degree weather with no help from my old-lady grocery cart, since Ian borrowed it and hasn't given it back yet.

A lesser cat owner would have simply gone to the little market at the end of the block and picked up some friskies to eep the cats until the grocery cart situation or weather improved, but no. My cats want their organic pheasant, so organic pheasant they shall have

THen, as I was putting said cases of cat food away on the "cat shelf" (they have their very own and very large shelf in my closet), I realized that I have no less than 4 different kinds of catnip, and only one cat who even responds to catnip!

Oh geez. I obviously love my cats.

So what do you do that shows you obviously love your cats???
I figure that my cat deserves to eat and drink as well as I do, so therefore he never drinks anything but Evian. I have not changed my mind about this, either. When I started giving him Evian, he was less than two pounds. Today he is 9 pounds and who knows how big he is going to get or how much he will be drinking when he is fully grown? Whatever that might be, he is going to get nothing but the best.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I'm the same way. Ian and I figure that we treat ourselves to nice things, therefore the animals we are responsible for should also be given nice things! My cats are my babies, and when I have real babies, the cats will STILL be my babies!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The cats have their own Christmas lists.

We bought the townhome, in part, because of the cat features it offers - like full on kitty TV in the front and back with a tree right out the front, and a large open space in back. We figured it would really be their house anyway, so we may as well cater to them to begin with.

And yes, we 100% agree with you guys that we will go without before the cats do. After all, they don't understand the concept of money. We do.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I spend more money at Petsmart then when I go shopping for myself

OH, and of course, the fact that I clean another living creatures pee and poop up for them twice daily....I would say that signifies true love

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

The cats have their own Christmas lists.

We bought the townhome, in part, because of the cat features it offers - like full on kitty TV in the front and back with a tree right out the front, and a large open space in back. We figured it would really be their house anyway, so we may as well cater to them to begin with.

And yes, we 100% agree with you guys that we will go without before the cats do. After all, they don't understand the concept of money. We do.
Oh Wow that's Love for sure
How did they come up with that list

I would rather be right here with the kitties then most other places. I would rather shop at petsmart then Nordies
I alway's look at cat stuff every where I go, I would rather have them have what they need and I worry all the time about something happening to them. It must be the needy part in alot of us that Love the Cats so much

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It shows that I love Kitters by the fact that I want to buy her a bed with fame and matress and pretty gold swirled headboard and me and DH only have matressess that were hand-me-downs!
I vow I will get it for her some day!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

It shows that I love Kitters by the fact that I want to buy her a bed with fame and matress and pretty gold swirled headboard and me and DH only have matressess that were hand-me-downs!
I vow I will get it for her some day!!!
Awwwwww!!!!

I think I've seen those. They carry them at the boutique I order their food from. Tres chic!

I similarly vow to someday own this...and I don't know who wants it more...me or my kitties! Gotta get crackin' on Ian's loan repayments first, though!

Would it be completely weird to somehow regiter for that as a wedding gift??!?!

lucat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
When my buddies past & present have medical needs , I spend the time to research whatever the newest treatments are,keep in constant touch with my vet who's a saint & knows I'll be one step ahead of him so he better research,too & he does
-Lukas is an early stage CRF buddy & I've been in contact with every major food company to find the analysis of all the foods to insure he's getting the very best for him-would I do this for myself -probably to a point but not like I do for him-Also have rearranged my own life so he can get his sub-Q's at night so we can spend lots of quality treat time together-Is he spoiled ? absolutely!!!

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had RO water put in(and pay for it each month) so the cats could have good drinking water not tap water, I buy peanuts so that the squirrel will sit on the tree so Rocket and Luna have something to do during the day while we are at work. I buy them cat towers just about each year, I let them drink out of my cups and eat off my plates, I even research the best kinds of foods for them and try and make sure they are getting the best nutrition. I buy then so many toys that when we go to a petstore anymore, I can't find one they either already have or have had in the past and I've given away to another person with a cat. I make sure they don't run out of food, or litter and as my husband says the cats eat better then we do. Oh well, they deserve to don't they?

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

I take anti-inflammatory pills for my shoulder that is wrecked because I didn't want to move (for many many nights) and disturb Bijou while he was comfortable.
Ah I know what you mean.
When stewie was about 3 weeks old he would fall asleep after a bottle feed and a burp...he would be so comfy and soooo sweet looking I would lay in bed with him on my belly for hours while my back started to hurt so badly that i would have to lay on my heating pad for some of the night. I usually lay on my side if in bed cause on my back gives me so many problems.

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've lost almost 100lbs and need new clothes in a desperate way, so what do I do this weekend? Spend $50.00 on the boys for Christmas!

I also have called off work to make sure that 8-Bit healed from his neuter and to make sure that Scratch adjusted well on his first day home.

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I've lost almost 100lbs
congrats!!!
what you should do is wait till after christmas for some sales and go nuts on yourself buying yourself awsome new clothes!...its like picking up where santa left off!!!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom bought my cats a "cat sofa" last year. The fabric was sooo ugly I just in the last couple of weeks reupholstered it!! Not to mention that $1600 stratching post formerly known as a wing chair and ottoman covered with tapestry fabric (thanks bakker!)

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well..i'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!! My kitties eat better then I do on most days (especially since they started on the raw!). I'll be eating a microwave dinner lol and they will be eating beef or quail etc. No wonder non-cat owners shake their heads at me!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

Awwwwww!!!!

I think I've seen those. They carry them at the boutique I order their food from. Tres chic!

I similarly vow to someday own this...and I don't know who wants it more...me or my kitties! Gotta get crackin' on Ian's loan repayments first, though!

Would it be completely weird to somehow regiter for that as a wedding gift??!?!
IMO, no. but then, i'm kinda weird myself...
Originally Posted by lookingglass

I've lost almost 100lbs and need new clothes in a desperate way, so what do I do this weekend? Spend $50.00 on the boys for Christmas!
really? hey, me, too - 96 pounds as of yesterday! congrats to both of us!

mirinae

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, we sure have some pampered kitties, huh?

My cats receive better medical care than I do, and I pay more attention to their health than to my own. I'm willing to fork out big bucks to make sure my boys are happy and healthy; with myself, I'm mostly just like "Meh, it'll mend" -- whatever the problem is.

Up until we started on Weight Watchers and started eating really good food, our cats had a better, healthier diet than we do. Now we're about even, and it's showing on all of us.

When I come home from work, I turn the electric blanket on on our bed. Not for me, because I don't go to bed until 10pm or so, but the cats like to snuggle on it. I'd leave it on all day for them if I didn't think it'd be a fire hazard.

I've done more research on feline brain damage and feline herpes than I've done on my own medical conditions. I spend more time researching cats and feline behaviour than I ever spent on schoolwork (back when I was in school), and even when I'm at work I spend most of my time here at TCS!
Shhh ... don't say anything!

russian blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have a comfy blanket we use when it gets cooler in the winter months. You know, the kind you use when you're watching TV?

Well guess who uses it? Nakita! She's made a permanent bed out of it and she seems to go to sleep on it just when the TV programs come on. Of course, I can't disturb her royal fur by removing the blanket so Rob and I sit on the couch cold, while watching TV. No comfy blankets for us humans.

How come the FUR animal gets the blanket? Isn't she warm enough already?