An Update NCR

felicia's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom

I am living in a care center/nursing home. My legs and left side are bad. I can't walk without using a walker & I am losing use of my left hand.
Felicia and Beau can't live with me. Felicia was given to a "friend of a friend." Beau is still mine but, is living with someone else. I haven't seen either of them and don't know how they are getting along.
I wrote this in October; not much has changed. I am regaining use of my left hand. Maybe I don't need a walker but, I am afraid to not use one.
My problems started about about two years ago. I fell and broke my leg in three place. My hip has been broken twice (but not at the same time).
I retired at age 59. Lived in an Assisted Living apt. (with Felicia and Beau). I liked it there very much.
I started having siezures. I have been on medication for siezures most of my life. So I don't know what started them.
It was decided that I needed nursing home care, until my health got better. My aunt knew someone who took Felicia. Beau was to be given back to me.
My health is OK but now my problem is "lack of funds." I can't afford to live anyplace else until I draw my pension. That won't be for 3 more years.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Nancy..........it seems like things are weighing you down and how I wish I could snap my fingers and make all of your sorrows dissappear.........please know that I'm here for you..........

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you're going through a rough time right now
I wish I were closer to you, i'd come visit
I hope things start to look up for you soon- hang in there, you have a lot of love and support from your TCS friends

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry you're going through such a touch time right now, Nancy. My thoughts and prayers are with you!

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Nancy! I'm so sorry to hear that things are going poorly for you. I really hope things start looking up soon.

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Nancy, Im so sorry you are facing this now. I know it must be difficult. My heart goes out to you. Please know that I will keep you in my prayers.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kitters and I will continue to think of you
and hope that things improve greatly both health and financialy that you will be able to get Beau back soon!!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I feel for you. I am sorry things are not going very well right now..here are some hugs
to help you get through.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Nancy, I am so sorry you are in this situation. I hope things start to turn around soon
I am happy to hear that your health has improved. That is very good news.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Nancy. Is Beau back with you again? I know things must seem really bad right now, but keep hope! You have friends that are praying for you and hoping things will turn around. Stay strong and big hugs!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One one hand its good that your health is improving. But its sad about your kitties. Can anyone of them be brought for a visit. Sending good vibes and hugs to you.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I sincerely hope you are reunited with Beau very soon Nancy, and I'm so glad that your health is improving
there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I promise

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Nancy, I am so glad to hear that your health is improving! This really is good news. I think you have to take things one step at a time and try to find joy in things as they happen. Things are moving forward, and while I know that the financial situation is a set back, try to think of it as temporary.
I will continue to keep you in my thoughts
You have been through so much, but have remained so strong. I hope things continue to look up for you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

felicia's mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LokisMum

Is Beau back with you again?
No LokisMum, he isn't with me. I haven't heard from the lady caring for him for a long time either.
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I sincerely hope you are reunited with Beau there is a light at the end of the tunnel, I promise
I really miss Beau. I miss Felicia too, but she is getting along OK. Have no idea how my Beau is getting along.

Originally Posted by rosiemac

Is there no way you could move back into these assisted living apartments again?.
I have been told that I can't afford them until a can get my pension.

Originally Posted by squirtle

Nancy, I am so glad to hear that your health is improving! I think you have to take things one step at a time and try to find joy in things as they happen. Things are moving forward, and while I know that the financial situation is a set back, try to think of it as temporary.
I try to have faith and not be discouraged. I am considering putting a small verse (biblical or other) on my tcs signature to remind me to do this.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Felicia's Mom

No LokisMum, he isn't with me. I haven't heard from the lady caring for him for a long time either.

I really miss Beau. I miss Felicia too, but she is getting along OK. Have no idea how my Beau is getting along.
That seems like the saddest part of all this to me. I hope things improve for you soon - can you - or someone on your behalf - contact Beau's carer? It would probably cheer you to know how he's doing.

You and your babies remain in my thoughts and prayers.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I was near you, I would have kept both cats til your health improved and updated you constantly! (I would have even tried to sneak you a visit with them!) I hope some one can find out how your babies are, and get you a picture or some thing! Keep getting better, beau is waiting! I hope you have things looking better soon!

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I wish I was near you, I would have kept both cats til your health improved and updated you constantly! (I would have even tried to sneak you a visit with them!) I hope some one can find out how your babies are, and get you a picture or some thing! Keep getting better, beau is waiting! I hope you have things looking better soon!
I agree! I sincerely hope that you receive news of Beau - how you must miss him! My prayers are with you!